You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying your products now and having a problem with Design will not print, my printer window preview shows a pink square and does not print

I am using a Mac Sierra OS printing to a Epson xp-970 don't seem to have the problem with other programs have any ideas

Hi, see "About printing" in the online help.

If the document preview window in the Print dialog shows with a pink overlay, this means there is a mismatch between your Affinity document dimensions and the printer's currently set paper size.

Check your Affinity document size settings and the paper size setup in the printer driver, probably doc size is bigger than printer paper size or the like.

See also:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

18 minutes ago, Jim Galliher said:

I must be Brian dead

I’m confused now. I thought your name was Jim! 😛

By the way, you’re not by any means the only forum member to misunderstand the purpose of the ‘Title’ box which is displayed when you create a thread. Rather than putting your name in there (or, indeed, a title such as ‘Mr’ or ‘Dr’) you should provide a descriptive title for the topic that you’re writing about. You can change the topic title of a thread at any time, as long as the thread was created by you and hasn’t been locked by a moderator: use the ‘Edit’ link at the bottom of your original post to do this.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

17 hours ago, Alfred said:

😈 !!

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 5/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, Alfred said:

should provide a descriptive title for the topic that you’re writing about.

Change “Title” or inform 1000 new forum users?

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

On 5/8/2020 at 4:56 PM, Alfred said:

Because you have dain bramage?

18 hours ago, Cecil said:

Change “Title” or inform 1000 new forum users?

Anybody think "Caption" or "Heading" would work better?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

47 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Because you have dain bramage?

I suggest they are better than Title, bottom line, what are they posting, usually? My Problem or My Question.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

5 minutes ago, Cecil said:

I suggest they are better than Title, bottom lime, what are they posting, usually? My Problem or My Question.

They could be posting about either one ... but probably not about limes, bottom or otherwise. :P

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

25 minutes ago, R C-R said:

They could be posting about either one ... but probably not about limes, bottom or otherwise. :P

Surely you have better things to occupy your time.

Cecil 

Just now, Cecil said:

Surely you have better things to occupy your time.

Now more than ever, I think it is important to find as much humor as we can to keep from going crazy ... like this.

Affinity Photo 

16 hours ago, R C-R said:

I would prefer "Subject".

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

6 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

John

That would be fine as long as no one is posting about the Queen (because, as any stand-up comedian worth his or her salt will tell you, the Queen is not a subject). :P

Alfred spacer.png

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

That would be fine as long as no one is posting about the Queen (because, as any stand-up comedian worth his or her salt will tell you) the Queen is not a subject. :P

Ok, how about "Topic"?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

This could be a Tooltip: “The posts title/subject/topic/caption/heading should give a brief description of your problem so the Affinity Masiff get a flava of the posts subject matter, thank you for taking the time to fill this in, your life will be spared” 😉 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 minute ago, John Rostron said:

Ok, how about "Topic"?

John

I love topics, hate marathons (they are not snickers, they are marathons 🤨)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

I love topics, hate marathons (they are not snickers, they are marathons 🤨)

This thread is a marathon without resolution.   So simple, yet recurring without fix.

Cecil 

Does seem odd although I’ve never encountered this issue and I use a HP 8620 Officejet Pro, Epson B1100, an Oki Laser Printer and a few smaller Epson’s.

2 hours ago, John Rostron said:

How about "Issue" or "Topic"? I have been looking in a thesaurus for alternatives to "Title" but it seems to me that English has too many words that mean about the same thing for any one word to make it clear to everyone what a good title/subject/issue/topic/summary/whatever should include.

Affinity Photo 

5 minutes ago, R C-R said:

How about "Issue" or "Topic"? I have been looking in a thesaurus for alternatives to "Title" but it seems to me that English has too many words that mean about the same thing for any one word to make it clear to everyone what a good title/subject/issue/topic/summary/whatever should include.

Hence a concise tooltip or direction text wouldn’t go amiss.

Just now, firstdefence said:

Hence a concise tooltip or direction text wouldn’t go amiss.

Well, just about anything could be misinterpreted by those who do not understand the English (or whatever) language well enough, but I agree that a brief description would eliminate a lot of confusion. I think it would be best if it appeared as text rather than a tooltip, which some users might not see.

Affinity Photo 

44 minutes ago, Jim Galliher said:

Sorry I did not put a subject with this post, new at this will do better next time, thanks for all the help. Also sorry about taking so long to get back I did not check my email this weekend, thanks again

Absolutely no problem Jim, as this should be corrected to provide assistance to new users.  As the thread points out, many feel it could or should be improved.

Cecil 

55 minutes ago, Jim Galliher said:

Sorry I did not put a subject with this post, new at this will do better next time, thanks for all the help.

No need for apologies: as you can see from the discussion here, it’s a common problem. Thanks for the thanks!

On 5/8/2020 at 10:56 PM, Alfred said:

You can change the topic title of a thread at any time, as long as the thread was created by you and hasn’t been locked by a moderator: use the ‘Edit’ link at the bottom of your original post to do this.

I note that you haven’t yet changed the topic title. I recommend that you do so.

Alfred spacer.png