3DJ

Adobe fonts for iOS

Adobe- I know four letter word, has updated their creative cloud app on iOS to support fonts. I have installed some but designer doesn’t see them. This is supposed to be system wide use for these. Has anyone else tried it yet?

thanks

Jim

Hi 3DJ,

Welcome to the forums :)

Please could you make sure you have restarted Affinity since installing these fonts? Do they appear in other non Adobe apps?

Thanks

C

So far they don’t appear in anything other than Adobe apps, but they are supposed to, especially since it is installing them through the system settings for fonts. Just when I got excited about this, I am bummed out. I keep using Designer more and more, and on Desktop I can use my adobe fonts with it no problem, it’s only been an issue when I try to work on the same document on ipad. Hopefully this gets sorted out. I have tried restarting everything and the ipad, uninstalled and reinstalled. No luck. 

I winder if anyone else has tried this yet?

Thanks,

Jim

Adobe fonts appear for me in Pages since installing, but not in designer, I too have restarted everything more than once 

Similar situation here, only other app i see installed fonts at this moment is Keynote. So i suppose it is to be system wide, once all apps update to latest custom font API. Hope it will be sooner rather than later because 17000 font library seems sweet and i cant wait to try it out in Designer!

10 hours ago, ihendrih said:

Similar situation here, only other app i see installed fonts at this moment is Keynote. So i suppose it is to be system wide, once all apps update to latest custom font API. Hope it will be sooner rather than later because 17000 font library seems sweet and i cant wait to try it out in Designer!

I think you’re right and hopefully we will see some updates soon for this. 

Adobe Fonts isn't shown in Word/Powerpoint either.
Some fonts from other author is shown in many non-Adobe apps.
So I guess Adobe Fonts itself is the problem. I think.
Restricting 3rd party apps?

According to this article on Engadget https://www.engadget.com/2019/11/01/adobe-font-library-iphone-ipad/ app developers need to add the functionality using the adobe fonts api 

Developers can enable these typefaces in third-party apps by using Adobe's custom API called Fonts. In other words, not all apps on your device will be able to use the typefaces; compatibility has to be specifically added as a feature. Of course, any Adobe app is going to work with the API. Users can open the Creative Cloud app, navigate to the Fonts tab and pick any typefaces to sync across their devices.