henryb

Affinity Photo has stopped saving directly back into Mac OS Photos!!

You used to be able to right-click on a photo in Mac OS's Photos app, select "edit with... Affinity Photo", make your edits in AP, press Save and FINITO, the edited/fixed file was directly saved into its original location in Mac OS Photos. Seamlessly, simply and FAST. Now this is no longer possible!! 

I know this is a bug you have been aware of for over a month, but as we still have no feedback, I thought that writing it in the appropriate section would help AP's developers speed this CRUCIAL fix up ASAP (by reminding them)!

Dear Developers please hurry! One of the main reasons we love Affinity is because of its ability to work flawlessly & seamlessly with Mac OS. 

Hi henryb,
Thank you for your report. As you pointed out we are already aware of this issue however we weren't yet able to fix it. The dev teams are working as fast as they can but as you may guess there's various issues to go through after major updates in various platforms and a new application release like we did. Please bear with use while we work to fix/stabilise the apps. I've bumped our report to bring this to devs attention again.

Meanwhile if instead of right-clicking the thumbnail in Apple Photos to invoke the context menu and pick the Edit With option you double-click the thumbnail to display the image, click the Edit button on the top right, then the ellipsis icon and select the Edit in Affinity Photo extension, it will save your changes back to Apple Photos after you finish editing the image in Affinity Photo.

On 7/1/2019 at 1:58 PM, MEB said:

Hi henryb,
Thank you for your report. As you pointed out we are already aware of this issue however we weren't yet able to fix it. The dev teams are working as fast as they can but as you may guess there's various issues to go through after major updates in various platforms and a new application release like we did. Please bear with use while we work to fix/stabilise the apps. I've bumped our report to bring this to devs attention again.

Meanwhile if instead of right-clicking the thumbnail in Apple Photos to invoke the context menu and pick the Edit With option you double-click the thumbnail to display the image, click the Edit button on the top right, then the ellipsis icon and select the Edit in Affinity Photo extension, it will save your changes back to Apple Photos after you finish editing the image in Affinity Photo.

YES! That worked!! Thanks!! :)

But strange that it works like that, though, and not in the first way..

On 7/26/2019 at 5:07 PM, MEB said:

Hi henryb,
No news, sorry. That's up to the dev team - I'm sure they will look at it when possible. I've bumped the report anyway.

Hi, I this forum IS the developers' "hangout" (and that they respond here too with updates). No?