Frankentoon

Recurring 'Wet Edges' bug when switching brushes

Hello there,

As much as I'm loving the new Brush Editor features, there's a bug that's been around since the current stable Designer and Photo versions. I've reported it a couple of times already and I hope this issue gets addressed, because it really ruins the experience when using advanced features from the brush panel.

When you add the Wet Edges option to a brush (from the editor), this option gets deactivated or non-recognized back when switching tools using the brush command key (B) and many times, when selecting the brush manually from the brushes panel. Let's say I need to erase something; I switch to the Eraser using (E), then I want to go back to my brush using (B) and when I do that, Wet Edges are switched off automatically, unless I double-select that brush... then, Wet Edges are back on. It totally ignores the stored brush settings.

This affects dramatically the way brushes were originally designed.

1440500192_ScreenShot2019-03-29at7_32_57AM.thumb.png.407a8d0cc05a9bd86d04007f7756cb84.png

1427023355_ScreenShot2019-03-29at7_55_29AM.thumb.png.1a89ba54542fdb671134e5bbd79f7a66.png

Thank you!

• Frankentoon - Tutorials and Resources for Affinity Designer

• Get a Free eBook for Affinity Designer - Subscribe HERE

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

Hey Frankentoon,

I myself an a little unsure of why this happens. I did log it with the developers a while back and I'm waiting to hear back from some new queries that I've just submitted with them.

If you enable 'Wet Edges' on the context toolbar, this should be retained when switching tools—I'm just not sure why changing the setting in the brush editor doesn't currently do this when the Help describes this as the default behaviour for that brush.

Apparently this is more difficult to sort out than expected. Hopefully Matt and the guys look up on this, since it's really defeating the purpose of having such a great feature as custom wet edges. 

• Frankentoon - Tutorials and Resources for Affinity Designer

• Get a Free eBook for Affinity Designer - Subscribe HERE

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook