It also seems to me that the only way to see exactly where a guide is placed is to click and start dragging on it, which is, ironically, a drag. It's great in InDesign where guides are treated more like objects that can be selected, copied and pasted etc, so you can click on a guide and at the top it tells you the position and you can adjust it numerically.

I also miss being able to have guides that continue off onto the artboard.

I would agree I use this a lot in PP when I am moving text and images  I hope this will be added to Ap

I  used this the other day to create a logo for my car so added a line extending the "C"  with a line and needed to be precise  but had to use the Arrow key But best of all you can see in real time the movements 

campure2.jpg

10 minutes ago, iscom said:

I  used this the other day to create a logo for my car so added a line extending the "C"  with a line and needed to be precise

You don’t need guides at all to achieve this. An additional hint to @Joachim_L’s post:

Convert the text to curves (if it isn’t already), Go to the „Snapping“ panel and activate the last option („Align to Object Geometrie“ or something like that)

Use the „Node“ tool to snap the line to the nodes of the former „C“.

44 minutes ago, mac_heibu said:

Use the „Node“ tool to snap the line to the nodes of the former „C“.

or just use the node tool to select the bottom edge of the "C" and extend it to the right - no need to create a separate line at all?

I just discovered that you can use the Arrow keys to Nudge text or images  in AP maybe I have misunderstood . . .I am learning fast this being my 2nd day of using AP