hey I would LOVE to use ms paint more than affinity designer right now you wanna know why? THERES NO CTRL + Z!!!!!! ON DESIGNER!!!!!! AND ITS INCREDIBLY HARD TO FREAKING FILL AN OBJECT BECAUSE you know why? Every time you draw you make a new layer! and I hate the idea of layers unless its absolutely necessary! heck im pretty sure i only use your program JUST to make clean designs and THIS is what you give back to me?!?!? im switching to ms paint right now i cant even handle YOUR FREAKING CTRL + Z -FREE DUMB DUMB DESIGNER PROGRAm! sure you SAY you have ctrl z but IT DONT WORK! AND IT TAKES TOO LONG COMPARED TO JUST PRESSING CTRL Z.  i dont even CARE if im like banned or something JUST ADD A CTRL + Z AND ADD A CONTAACT BUTTON ON UR WEBSITE!

Hi @Iwewe,

Welcome to the forums. 

Just to confirm. Do you keep CTRL pressed and then press Z? You do not need to press the " + " key for undo. 

You're using Affinity Designer, and by default, you will start in the Vector Persona, which works on Layers. If you wish to use just one layer, you should be using the Pixel Persona. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Perhaps pedantic, but you hold Ctrl and press z, not Z. The Keyboard Shortcut Preferences show it as Ctrl+Z (perhaps because that's how the key is labeled on a standard keyboard) but it must be lowercase in use, not upper-case.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.270 Beta

Wow....... (lost for words)

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

11 hours ago, Iwewe said:

Every time you draw you make a new layer! and I hate the idea of layers unless its absolutely necessary! 

Hi Iwewe,

From the very useful help within the program: About layers

To all those whose posts have been hidden

This is a support forum where staff will try to answer questions from anyone who need advise how to use the applications. If you want to criticise those who are are not as advanced as you are then your posts are unwelcome. If you are going to be rude that a user's nationality or character or first language or may not be the one they are posting in you risk being banned.

Step away from threads where you have nothing positive to say about the question.

If Serif staff/moderators do not like the tone of the question it is for moderators to deal with. Period

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.