You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

YOU CANT EVEN DO ANYTHING

hey I would LOVE to use ms paint more than affinity designer right now you wanna know why? THERES NO CTRL + Z!!!!!! ON DESIGNER!!!!!! AND ITS INCREDIBLY HARD TO FREAKING FILL AN OBJECT BECAUSE you know why? Every time you draw you make a new layer! and I hate the idea of layers unless its absolutely necessary! heck im pretty sure i only use your program JUST to make clean designs and THIS is what you give back to me?!?!? im switching to ms paint right now i cant even handle YOUR FREAKING CTRL + Z -FREE DUMB DUMB DESIGNER PROGRAm! sure you SAY you have ctrl z but IT DONT WORK! AND IT TAKES TOO LONG COMPARED TO JUST PRESSING CTRL Z.  i dont even CARE if im like banned or something JUST ADD A CTRL + Z AND ADD A CONTAACT BUTTON ON UR WEBSITE!

• Staff

Hi @Iwewe,

Welcome to the forums. 

Just to confirm. Do you keep CTRL pressed and then press Z? You do not need to press the " + " key for undo. 

You're using Affinity Designer, and by default, you will start in the Vector Persona, which works on Layers. If you wish to use just one layer, you should be using the Pixel Persona. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Perhaps pedantic, but you hold Ctrl and press z, not Z. The Keyboard Shortcut Preferences show it as Ctrl+Z (perhaps because that's how the key is labeled on a standard keyboard) but it must be lowercase in use, not upper-case.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Wow....... (lost for words)

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• Staff

To all those whose posts have been hidden

This is a support forum where staff will try to answer questions from anyone who need advise how to use the applications. If you want to criticise those who are are not as advanced as you are then your posts are unwelcome. If you are going to be rude that a user's nationality or character or first language or may not be the one they are posting in you risk being banned.

Step away from threads where you have nothing positive to say about the question.

If Serif staff/moderators do not like the tone of the question it is for moderators to deal with. Period

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@Iwewe

11 hours ago, Iwewe said:

ADD A CONTAACT BUTTON ON UR WEBSITE!

If you would prefer to contact Serif directly you can email us using AffinitySupport@serif.com or other means as described in the contact us post 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon