fastfuud

Move tool / node tool not work correctly

I have designer for the iPad. When I use my Apple pencil and try to select/tap objects neither tool works correctly I think. I have to "drag" with my move tool to select object and then select the node tool in order to select nodes. Neither of them work by tapping the object. Is this how it works or am I doing something wrong.

Hello,

could you find an answer to this issue ? I think I have the same problem : when I want to use the move tool, I have to drag the arrow over the object to select it instead of being able to tap on it. But this happens only on a particular document. When I’m working on any other document (new or not) the move tool works as expected (meaning I can tap to select an object).

So I thought maybe this can come from a setting that I activated without knowing  ?

@GabrielM

We have more at least 2 topics mentioning this issue and after more than 5 months, nothing was done about it. It’s quite frustrating and many people including me are not using the app due to this issue that makes it impossible to work seriously on it.

Please moderators, don’t abandon the community of supporters.

@fabiogil The Mods ARE logging these issues with the app developers. The developers are simply very very slow in providing solutions or even progress reports. A major release before years end would be a nice surprise. :)

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?

Hi @GabrielM

Thank you for your return, but I would recommend you to take a look at the other topics that many people are mad about this issue. It's not about a file, but with any file. so it's an app's bug.

And we still do not have any official answer from Affinity about that. It's sad!

Those 2 are completely different issues @fabiogil, not related to this thread. 

52 minutes ago, fabiogil said:

And we still do not have any official answer from Affinity about that. It's sad!

We did reply. Check the threads again :)
 image.png

I don't know if it can help you, but I finally figured out what was "wrong" with my document. I had the artboard I was working on locked. Once I unlocked it, I could use the move tool in the "tap to select" way again. And every time I have the artboard locked, I have to drag the arrow to select my objects.

On 11/29/2018 at 6:27 PM, Vickoche said:

I don't know if it can help you, but I finally figured out what was "wrong" with my document. I had the artboard I was working on locked. Once I unlocked it, I could use the move tool in the "tap to select" way again. And every time I have the artboard locked, I have to drag the arrow to select my objects.

Thank you!! This was the problem I was having. I am very new, and there was nothing I could do to fix the issue. This was the solution to my problem. I greatly appreciate you helping out here and giving an answer and solution.

Has there been any discussion of an update for Designer for iPad? The move/node tool issues are significant, and it’s getting worse, not better. Tonight, I had to quit and restart the app several times, as the snapping stopped working, then the move and node editing tools stopped functioning. And it’s still attempting to render a close up visual when I use a second finger on the screen, which doesn’t work with the Apple Pencil. I love these apps, but they’ve become almost unusable, and there’s been no updates for some time. 

9 hours ago, ciavyn said:

Has there been any discussion of an update for Designer for iPad?

AD and AP are both currently undergoing beta testing. Lots of fixes and improvements. Shouldn’t be too much longer. :)

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?