haakoo,

No one has taken over the post, it was in fact myself that went off on a tangent to prove a point about Serif. 'verysame' is spot on with what he's said too.

It's you that is at fault. Where do you get off telling what other users should or shouldn't do? Damn, you're such a control freak. Not to mention so misinformed.

You don't even read what others write before commenting. Love the sound of your own voice no doubt too?

Anyway I've had enough of this post, which is what I expect Serif hoped would happen. Licking Serif's boots won't do you or other users any favours. Damn I hate fanboys.

I'll check back in a year or so and I don't have to guess, I know, nothing will have changed, with the fandboys or Serif's business model.

Bye!

Uhm,using other programs makes me a fanboy,seems you don't know the definition.
You merely stated your opinion on how you think it should be because you learned it in your precious photoshop(fanboy,me?)

You and Andrew are only stating things that are only your opinions,not facts.

Facts are the things Serif has implemented and you need to deal with that but you don't know how,so you scream out in elaborate posts what should be done and that people at Serif don't hear you.
And you ramble on and on what you need,doesn't work and you want it all addressed yesterday.
I gave you a constructive reply about your art and you reply in a fashion as if i molested your mother.
I made a point about people not recognizing a tree while standing in a forrest,

I think you wouldn't recognize a tree if it is smack on your face.

_Hans

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

@JayH thanks for the pm.

I must say it was an entertaining read.

Just shows the wurm you are.

Next,..You,...Find,...Hole,...Crawl,...Back

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Let me get back to the original topic...

I'm just following this subject regarding the Save as to any format. BTW I immediately uninstalled AP upon discovering the same annoying Save/Export functionality as in GIMP.

In the last days I worked on many images and thought about the AP way, let me explain why is the worse one can imagine...

Opened many JPEG photos from stock agencies in PS. Make changes (crop, retouch, resize, etc.) and the I wanted to save the work in progress to a lossless format, like PNG or tiff. So I hit Save as, chose PNG and continue working until finished. Close, hit Save when asked - do the same 100 times a day.

What is the AP way, when in the middle of retouching I decide to save the original JPEG in PNG?

- Export to PNG - involves finding the original JPG's directory - f**k

- The Save command is still unavailable so further saves aren't possible, only exporting, which keeps asking if I overwrite the PNG - f**k

- So I decide to close the original JPEG file and find the exported PNG, open it, but this way I'm loosing all the undo states - f**k

- Saving the PNG keeps asking if I want to save in another format (if I remember correctly, now I don't have AP anymore, trial period over)

So, I'm asking

- Why is that people behind this software can't understand, what is a workflow of using efficiently their software?

- Why do some people insist that I'm losing data if I don't save in the app's native format, when 99.99% of the cases I don't lose everything because I'm not using layers, and other app-specific things...

- Why do we have to use the native format, when TIFF format is perfectly able to store app-specific things in custom tags - this is why it is called Tagged Image Format - create yur own tag and be happy with it; other apps can still read the flattened image data (standard tags) so compatibility is perfectly solved.

PS: AP native format isn't recognized by popular image viewers... You can imagine, working with several thousand photos would be a disaster...

19 minutes ago, Icefront said:

The Save command is still unavailable so further saves aren't possible, only exporting, which keeps asking if I overwrite the PNG - f**k

Either you're deliberately lying, or you do not know APhoto at all (but that does not seem to be an obstacle for you to write large-scale critical posts).

If you open non native image file format (jpg, png, tiff, ...), it is not problem normaly "Save" it.

Export is not needed at all, and you do not need to enter or change the file name. Simply just Ctrl + S.

Affinity Store: Designer 1.7.2.471, Photo 1.7.2.471, Publisher 1.7.2.471.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.295.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

4 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

Either you're deliberately lying, or you do not know APhoto at all

Clearly the latter, since @Icefront had only a miserably brief ten consecutive days to try it out.

29 minutes ago, Icefront said:

(if I remember correctly, now I don't have AP anymore, trial period over)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

@haakoo

It seems my posts are being completely ignored.

Have you read what I wrote??? Did you take a look at the samples and the links I posted???

Do you remember that I tried to convince you to do your best using the tool at your disposal? And I proved it to you!

"As professional person is a person who knows the tools". Are you being serious here? I would take you on a tour in one of the studio where I work: I switch from blender 3d to Cinema 4d to after effects to zbrush, and do on so forth.

Seriously kiddo., I feel you're patronizing me here.

I have 20 years of experience in my job, I definitely don't need to respond to a random person on a forum and show what I produce and yet I did it.

Now, why don't you show us what marvelous are you capable of with affinity?

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

37 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

Either you're deliberately lying, or you do not know APhoto at all (but that does not seem to be an obstacle for you to write large-scale critical posts).

If you open non native image file format (jpg, png, tiff, ...), it is not problem normaly "Save" it.

Export is not needed at all, and you do not need to enter or change the file name. Simply just Ctrl + S.

Being wrong with something means lying to you? No, dude, that is being wrong. Please select your words accordingly.

You just ignore the original problem and topic.

The current export-only way is WRONG.

If you like it use it. I'm done with this AP s***

33 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Clearly the latter, since @Icefront had only a miserably brief ten consecutive days to try it out.

No, I tried for several miserable hours.

When saw the export-only way, not I stopped but immediately uninstalled and wrote several topics in this forum.

Hey! There is no need to try more. When the creators will decide to make some changes I will continue trying AP

4 minutes ago, Icefront said:

Please select your words accordingly.

I tried to adapt to your post with some f**k.

OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.

30 minutes ago, Icefront said:

When saw the export-only way, not I stopped but immediately uninstalled

Standard way (in APh) is:

- open *.jpg,

- save as to *.afphoto,

- work with all comfort (layers, filters, undo, etc.), multiply Ctrl+S save your work,

- if work finishing -> Export to desired format (png, tiff, ...).

If you no longer need it, you can delete afphoto file.

If you want to avoid native format at any cost (I do not know why, the file can always be deleted):

- if the file is not in a lossless format:

- open *.jpg,

- export to lossless format (png, tiff),

- close *.jpg,

- open *.png/tiff,

- work with certain limitations, multiply Ctrl+S save your work.

There is no need for repeated exports and rewriting files.