You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello

I bought AffDesigner over the official website when it just started. And now I am wondering how I can update the soft? Cuz how I  understood, the updates available only over the  AppStore for Mac. But the one that I have doesn't show me that I have an AffDesigner on a bought list. So what you can recommend me in that case? Thank you

• Staff

Hi Andrew AJ,

Welcome to the forums :)

The Mac version of the app has only ever been purchasable through the Mac App Store the update should be available in the updates tab of the Mac App Store. If it isn't showing please try logging out and then back into the Mac App Store to see if that makes it appear.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

and for windows? I mean.. should I download again affinity from my account of affinity design website and re install again the version 1.6? i guess will delete my assets.. 
because in the affinity program it's just say a new version is online, but doesen't say UPDATE.

• Staff

Hi Andreacaliendi,

The Windows version of the app should ask you if you would like to download the latest update when you open it. If you have clicked ok to this message restarting the app will make it reappear.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

14 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Andrew AJ,

Welcome to the forums :)

The Mac version of the app has only ever been purchasable through the Mac App Store the update should be available in the updates tab of the Mac App Store. If it isn't showing please try logging out and then back into the Mac App Store to see if that makes it appear.

C

That's not true. I've got the Mac Version by purchasing something from X-Rite. After that I thought I would get a key to download the software via App-Store. Instead I had to download the Software in the Affinity store and activate it with the provided key. - And I have also not found a way to update...

• Staff

Ramma, 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

The other people in this thread did not buy in the Mac App Store (MAS), they bought through the Affinity Store http://affinity.store/ .

Updates for the MAS are done through the updates tab of the store. If that doesn't work, then you can uninstall it and redownload it and you will get the latest version from the MAS 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 12/11/2017 at 8:15 AM, aadi said:

I bought both windows and mac product's directly from you with invoice to company.

You can’t buy the Mac versions directly from Serif. You can only buy them through the Mac App Store.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, Ramma said:

I've already tried, but i still see Affinity Designer macOS - Version 1.5.5 in the Affinity Store.

If you purchased the Mac version of Affinity Designer, you need to go to the Mac App Store ("App Store..." on the Apple menu). The Affinity Store (https://affinity.store/) does not sell the Mac version nor can you get updates to it there.

If you open the Mac App Store app from the Apple menu & search on "Affinity," you should see something like this:

Store.png.dd6bd85415157c9f78f8aef094821b8c.png

Go to the Updates tab to find it listed there, along with a download button.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 hours ago, aadi said:

Alfred, do you want to make a bet? :D

As I understand it, there are other ways for companies to buy multi-user licenses for the Mac versions, but it is not clear if the licenses for them would qualify for the free-for-now bonus content, or how the app updates for the Mac versions can be obtained.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.0 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7