You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP 1.6.0.81] Document, Flip Horizontal glitches

Hi there, devs!

Something I noticed on 1.5 and 1.6 versions is that no matter the size of a Document, whenever you start using brushes and try to Flip the Document:

• Using the shortcut, it doesn't refresh the image immediately, you have to Zoom In or Out in order to see the change. Also, if you move the mouse around the image, it will refresh those parts.
  • If you go to Document > Flip Horizontal, the change is instantaneous and no glitch happens at all.

Screenshots:

• New document with a shape and some doodles

Flip_Horizontal_001.png

• Flip Horizontal by using the Shortcut. After that, I moved the mouse around

Flip_Horizontal_002.png

• Later, you can see the change by Zooming Out

Flip_Horizontal_003.png

Best regards!

It's not only when you flip images, you have to zoom in/out to see the effect of many adjustments or changing visibility of any layer. This problem exist in Photo and Designer beta .81.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

5 hours ago, Chris B said:

Thanks for the helpful post Mithferion. I've easily reproduced this so I'll get dev to look into it :)

You're welcome!

1 hour ago, AlainP said:

It's not only when you flip images, you have to zoom in/out to see the effect of many adjustments or changing visibility of any layer. This problem exist in Photo and Designer beta .81.

It might be helpful if you list some examples. I have only came across with this one.

Best regards!

10 hours ago, Mithferion said:

You're welcome!

It might be helpful if you list some examples. I have only came across with this one.

Best regards!

This occurs on any layer that is not at the top. For example, open any image, duplicate it. Create a Black and White adjustment layer and lower its opacity to let's say 35%, so it has a more subtle effect. Then clik the check box of the layer of the original image to make it invisible.... It's stays visible until you zoom in or out. A faster example, create a brand new layer and just quickly draw something in red using the paint brush. Then, create a new layer on top and draw anything in another color. When you're done, click the check box to make the layer below (on which you drew in red) to make invisible.... it's stays there until you zoom in or out.

The exact same problem exist in Designer beta .81, layers below aren't updated if there are 3 layers or more until you zoom in or out. (Reported)

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Oh, now I get it. I could replicate those scenarios.

Refreshes are not immediate. Hope the devs solve it soon. ;)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.