You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.0.21861)

• Staff

Hello sucinnopeneur18,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Despite the numbers, the beta is the most recent version and where new features are implemented first for testing and feedback. Only then those changes are committed to the Mac App Store version. You can't compare Beta and MAS version numbers directly because they come from different development trunks.

Note that documents created or saved with the Beta cannot be opened in the MAS version.

• Staff

Hi Kevin,

The current and all future betas and App Store updates will all share the same (higher) archive version number. At present, the App Store version of Designer is using a slightly older version so this is why it is unable to open files from the beta version. In a few weeks, I'm hoping to submit to the Mac App Store and then you'll receive an update there which will mean that it is also running with the higher archive version number so you will no longer have compatibility issues.

It was necessary to increment the version number simply to introduce a few safety-related things we needed for the future and with the Affinity Photo beta looming it was felt to be the right time so that Photo started out creating these higher archive version number files right from the beginning.

In about a month or so, this won't be something you'll need to worry about any more because all versions will be running the new archive number :)

Thanks,

Matt

celliott80, I have exactly the same problem as you have.

And I've done the same trying to fix it... But without any luck!

I'll keep looking for a solution and I'll keep you post it.

macCesar,

I was able to finally get my Finder previews working by uninstalling Affinity Designer (both MAS version and beta) and then install the MAS version again, then the newest beta that came out today. After resaving my files from the new beta, the previews are back.

This is probably not the right place to post this,but have anyone else had problems controlling pressure from the stroke palette?

I can't get it to work in this beta version.

It is only one file that has the problem. But it works on objects created earlier (before this beta version). if I create an object (stroke) in the new beta I am unable to control the pressure. 

Anyone else has this problem?

I haven't used the "crop" tool yet but wouldn't that be what it's for? Or an export persona slice?...

Hi, sorry for the late reply. No, unfortunately this crop does something completely different and export persona is helpful but not what I'm looking for.

Imagine doing a re-dimension from the document setup, but graphically. Like a crop in PS or now in Affinity Photo but without the aspect ration restriction ;)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.