mikeallen811

Any plans for Affinity Designer to be able to export into Xaml format?

I'd love to purchase Affinity Designer, however, it doesn't solve the one problem that I need solved.  That is to export into Xaml format.  Xaml is the Visual Studio programmers version of SVG.  Solve that one, and I'm sure you'll have lots of developers and/or UX developers wanting a copy of this software.

Thanks,

Mike

I am currenly using Adobe illustrator CC to export interface elements/icons to xaml for use in Windows WPF applications. When you add .xaml export to affinity designer I will switch to Affinity designer right away. I have to agree with Mike Allen. If you add that feature every windows developer will have a good alternative to illustrator to create vector icons and elements for applications. Major opportunity if you ask me. :)

I totally agree with this suggestion. For me, it would move Affinity up yet another league.

At the moment, I import vector graphics into Blend for Visual Studio by using Illustrator.ai files. That works perfectly OK up to Blend for VS2013, but Microsoft dropped the .ai import option for VS2015 and 2017, so I have to have 2 versions of Blend on my PC to do that.

What I'd like to do is to use Affinity for the vector work, export to XAML, to use directly in Visual Studio. At the moment it's only possible to export to .svg from Affinity, then use a 3rd party converter. That's messy, and all the SVG to XAML converters that I've tried give a much less perfect conversion than the method I currently use. So that leaves me with having to continue to use Illustrator.

So - please, Serif, think about giving this some priority? I think there are a lot of us who would love this extension to an already fabulous application. Maybe MS would sell the code, since they no longer seem to want it?......

I wonder if using Expression Design for export purposes is any good considering that its develoment stopped years ago. Has anyone tried that yet?

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

Posted (edited)

+1
Now I am having the same problem, need a good program to draw but export to svg is heavy overhead.
There still seems to be no possible way for a direct transfer into XAML or even "Microsoft Blend", even "copy as SVG" does not work ... sad ...

PLEASE implement it !!! :x

Edited by MBC

(Cant edit my previous post anymore)

Over 1700 views for this post, seems to be a lot of people are interested in this feature, compared to other requests.
Otherwise if you think it is a "very special" feature (only useful for programmers), would it be possible to get is as a "paid plugin" for some little extra bucks ?

+1!! It's a pain to export to XAML right now, but there are several libraries that convert SVG to XAML. Could you please just implement one of those libraries and add a simple option "Save in XAML format" on SVG export?