You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo codec?

Hello,

I have made a certain number of photos in the Affinity format and, of course they do not apear as photos icons when I look for them under

Windows (affinity-photo icon). Is there a codec so that they apear as photos under Windows?

Rgds

Carca

No, when opening an .afphoto file, I just see the icon of Afinity and not the one of the photo.

This works (or better does not work!) if I try to open directly under windows or under Afinity.

After having tested the program for some time now, I like it very much... When do you think

it will be "ready to start"?

Rgds

Carca

• Staff

Hey Carca,

What do you have your thumbnail previews set to? Another user reported that Medium, Large and Extra Large thumbnails work. Small, List and Details do not display the thumbnail but instead the Affinity icon. 

I have also found that sometimes you need to close the application after a save for it to release the thumbnail preview. 

Nope! I enclose a screen take about how it looks like, both by windows (enclosed) or through the Affinity viewer.

Changing the type of viewing (big, small, details etc.) does not change anything...

There was a similar thread a while ago about Affinity Designer icons not showing properly (see here). For the original poster the problem could not be resolved but I myself was able to fix the problem with this small utility.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

OK, thanks for the info... I have loaded the cache icon program, and rebooted, no change....

and aaarrgghh! now suddendly, I am not allowed to open all photos I have done/saved with affinity ??? (see enclosed).

When I try to load these photos (of different formats, jpeg, tiff, png) with exterior programs, I get a failure notice

Of course I could open these photos until yesterday...

Have I checked a wrong box somewhere?

Carca

Berechtg.pdf

BerechtgIrfan.pdf

OK, thanks for the info... I have loaded the cache icon program, and rebooted, no change....

and aaarrgghh! now suddendly, I am not allowed to open all photos I have done/saved with affinity ??? (see enclosed).

When I try to load these photos (of different formats, jpeg, tiff, png) with exterior programs, I get a failure notice

Of course I could open these photos until yesterday...

Carca

As you can see it's a problem with your access rights. Right click the folder add the user you are working with and give him full rights.

regards,

Ablichter

I doubt so.

Sorry to hear that the program made things worse. As Ablichter writes this can be fixed.

Also perhaps the next update to AP will fix it during install?

A little clueless  :(

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thanks to all for your help... Of course I am working further and I have made the modifications in the access rights of some of the files and it works.

BUT,

first it is time consuming (I must change the rights for each file) and

second, when I save (through Affinity) a new file, the saving is made for

"Sytem" which brings me back to the same problem.

It seems to me that this problem was not occuring with the former Beta version. Has anybody experienced the same problem?

Is it possible to change these settings (access rights) for a complete folder?

Carca

Thanks to all for your help... Of course I am working further and I have made the modifications in the access rights of some of the files and it works.

BUT,

first it is time consuming (I must change the rights for each file) and

second, when I save (through Affinity) a new file, the saving is made for

"Sytem" which brings me back to the same problem.

It seems to me that this problem was not occuring with the former Beta version. Has anybody experienced the same problem?

Is it possible to change these settings (access rights) for a complete folder?

Carca

You have to add the user (respectively apply the rights) to the "Foto" folder or even go higher up to "1Photo" and change it there. You also have to make sure that the rights are inherited (vererbt / dass die Vererbung aktiviert ist ) and that you apply this rights to all existing files and folders bei checking the last check box:

post-41044-0-40754300-1479890695_thumb.png

regards,

Ablichter

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.