You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 years later...

Wow... it's a beautifull tool.

I need to tell you a thing: i love you cause i use Adobe from many years, like many peolple, but since i discovered affinity i feel my self like to be a part of a big beautifull family.

I believe in you all, guys, and while in my comunity i don't know many people that using this fantastic software, i'm pressing all my friend to try Affinity Designer and Photo. At the moment one of my dream is could be talk and swap with friends advice and tricks about AD.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there I recently bought Affinity photo but I have a problem with distance measure between objects.

I followed instructions but when I select one object, hold CTRL and than hover over another nothing happens so I am a bit confused now.

Any type of help is welcome.

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Holding down cmd to show distances between objects is very handy.

But how do I explicitly set the distance between two objects?

Consider this rather simple example.  I want to set the distance between the two smaller circles to 48mm center to center.

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 3.03.40 PM.png

18 minutes ago, bbum said:

Consider this rather simple example.  I want to set the distance between the two smaller circles to 48mm center to center.

Create a rectangle and set its width to 48 mm. Snap the centres of the circles to the left and right sides of the rectangle, and then delete the rectangle.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

An alternative, in this specific case, would be to centre the circles both horizontally and vertically, then select just one of them, and then enter +48mm into the X field of the Transform Panel.
This is a basic technique but it might be useful if you need to be precise with your measurements, rather than relying on being able to drag accurately.
See my attached video where I use a rectangle only to show that the distance is correct, it’s not necessary to draw it.