You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AI please

I have to admit, I'm a pretty bad graphics designer.

That's the reason why I dream of AI functionality like I see in Photoshop - https://www.adobe.com/dk/products/photoshop/ai.html

I really hope that Affinity will not be left behind in the area.

Also I would love if it was easier to apply some basic filters to photos. I'm using levels etc. But it would be cool if I could quickly browse through a gallery of artistic filters, adjust and apply it.

Best regards

Chris

14 hours ago, Chrisii said:

Yes, design this and and I'll call you an artist.
Let AI "design" this and I'll call you a boring button pusher. :P 

On 9/21/2023 at 12:17 AM, Chrisii said:

I have to admit, I'm a pretty bad graphics designer.

Then you may want to take design lessons and learn. :) 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

21 minutes ago, loukash said:

At some point you just have to admit that you can't be expert in every field.

You can fight AI as much as you want, it's here to stay so might as well take advantage of it.

Anyway Affinity will be left behind without these features - as much as it hurts to acknowledge it.

10 minutes ago, Chrisii said:

At some point you just have to admit that you can't be expert in every field.

Um… yeah. Sure. And?
For instance, I have never learned to drive a car. Some people wonder how I did "survive" over half a century without having a driving license, haha. Well, here I am, alive, happy and well. By the way, I'm pretty good at biking. Or buying train tickets. I'm an expert in buying the best train tickets…

14 minutes ago, Chrisii said:

You can fight AI as much as you want, it's here to stay so might as well take advantage of it.

Sure. You're free to do so. There are many tools out there you can use right now. 

15 minutes ago, Chrisii said:

Anyway Affinity will be left behind without these features - as much as it hurts to acknowledge it.

Serif is doomed and will fold in three, two, one… :D 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

Adobe doesn`t say that Generative Fill is for people who can`t design. It`s a tool for making some photo mixes faster, not to do all by only hitting the one button. In the same way you could do a whole work only with a liquify filter and it would be boring. The designer creates design, not a tool. I also waiting to add Stable Design (controlnet and inpainting) to Affinity Photo.

3 hours ago, 3dpartdesign said:

Adobe doesn`t say that Generative Fill is for people who can`t design. It`s a tool for making some photo mixes faster, not to do all by only hitting the one button. In the same way you could do a whole work only with a liquify filter and it would be boring. The designer creates design, not a tool. I also waiting to add Stable Design (controlnet and inpainting) to Affinity Photo.

That's all I'm asking for :)

2 minutes ago, LondonSquirrel said:

At what price?

Now see, that's the question. I prefer Affinity because of the fair pricing, an Adobe subscription model would be a no-go for me.

I really hope that AI tooling is within reach for Serif - also because I wish them the best!

Stable Diffusion is open source. Please do open API for Affinity Photo and scripts will be prepared by the community for sure. Making Python script which uses stable diffusion is less than 50 lines of code (using PyTorch). Opening ComfyUI and handling import and export images/masks/prompts from that is even simpler (headless mode). It`s not rocket science :)

Stop this bullocks. If you can't design, stop stealing from artists who can and learned by putting a lot of effort in their craft.

Watch the video below instead to get that you're a thief when using AI systems to generate your 'art' because you're too lazy to learn it.

And for artists here: there is a way to stand up against the stealing of our art. How and why is all in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMykeJm8wJI

12 minutes ago, 3dpartdesign said:

Please tell this Adobe :)

I told them exactly that when I cancelled my Adobe subscription last month. Will they care if one person does it? Not a chance. Will they care if thousands of people do it? Probably not right away, but it might cause them to begin to reconsider their use of it long-term if the trend continues.

1) You may train LORA model on your own works, and style. It`s simple and you can use a few of your own images to get unique style.

2) I graduated from an art University and they taught me one thing which I remember up to this date: that every great artist copied a few others (after mixing them together in his head). They said it a bit differently: Copy 1 artist and you are a theft. Copy 10 and you are an artist :)

3) Stealing is bad and generating recognizable works of other artists is bad. Using names as prompts is also bad because of GDPR.

4) Inpainting is used to generate some small fragments of the artwork, not a whole art.

This is only a tool which could be helpful in some areas. It`s not a generator of art because you can`t do corrections there. For a PRO work is possible only to use it in some small patches and merge it with your skills into real art.

It`s my opinion but I respect your.

cat is out of the bag, noone can stop it i recommend you to adapt or start learning some other profession too.

How will you compete in another 10 years?

In the end AI will do creative jobs for consumer and human will fixing the plumbing...

Another tomb stone, just right next to translation profession.

But dont be sad, white collars are next on chopping board, they are too expensive, even programmers themselves.

Core i7 4770 - AMD Radeon RX 6500XT - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 SP1 / Windows 10 x64) - https://danielmoravek.com

6 hours ago, Danielcz said:

cat is out of the bag, noone can stop it i recommend you to adapt or start learning some other profession too.How will you compete in another 10 years?

In the end AI will do creative jobs for consumer and human will fixing the plumbing...

Another tomb stone, just right next to translation profession.

But dont be sad, white collars are next on chopping board, they are too expensive, even programmers themselves.

Excuses, excuses. Gaslighting and lying. To talk right what is criminal behaviour. As criminals always do.

LMAOOOOO Serif, in almost a decade of nonstop begging from the user base, hasn’t been able to implement basic, VITAL tools such as image/vector trace, variable fonts, or RTL writing, and now you guys are asking for AI. 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, maybe in 40 years when everyone has AI microdermal implants that set software preferences to the user with one tap, Affinity might start looking into adding an archaic version of it. 

2 minutes ago, LondonSquirrel said:

it will be about the money

Perhaps you are willing to pay for the additional license that comes with the implementation of such an web based plugin.
Those server side AI tools will be monetizing their platforms soon, like adobe is already doing as of November.
Most other users will not be happy to share the cost with you because they can and will create themselves.
10x100 is not the same as 100x10.

If Affinity would do scripting API with handling import/export/layers users would code that alone.

Making scripting API is not only for AI but is for the community to do their own plugins. They should invest in that. It should be wise.

To be fair I do not need any feature from version 2. I bought it only because I have hope that they will do scripting someday to do what you want.

I`ve heard that small firms easily bend to market but in this case, it`s the opposite. They prefer not to have custom plugins.

Not everyone requires generative AI. As an app with non-subscription model, No way Affinity can afford cloud-based generative AI capabilities.
So, just like many people suggest here, It might be better to offer it as add-ons, either developed by Affinity or third-party providers, then let users to cover the subscription costs for that.
I believe extension API/scripting is currently work in progress, hopefully it get released under ver 2.

Introducing generative AI as core features can also be risky, since people still have divided opinion about it.
Just as an example, what happened with Clip Studio when they unveiled its plan for generative AI, it got hard negative reaction from the community, leading Celsys to eventually abandon the feature.
While Procreate said no to generative AI (because it doesn't in-line with their value). Users appreciated it and Procreate is doing fine.

Therefore, Affinity should take the time to gain a deeper understanding of its user base.

For the time being, I would be happy if Affinity maintains its primary focus on editing things.. since some basic functionalities are currently missing.
Then it would be bonus if Affinity could also provide locally-processed assistive AI, such as object selection, upscaling, etc.

Making open API would open it to any missed features. It would allow us to write our own features. I dream about some Python scripting but any other way also would be good. Same with handling 3d cryptomatte which works over rendered passes on a smart way. It`s needed by 3D community and easy to add but we need only open API. Same story with AI.

• 7 months later...
On 9/22/2023 at 2:40 PM, loukash said:

Not helpful...

On 9/26/2023 at 8:54 PM, MmmMaarten said:

Stop this bullocks. If you can't design, stop stealing from artists who can and learned by putting a lot of effort in their craft.

Watch the video below instead to get that you're a thief when using AI systems to generate your 'art' because you're too lazy to learn it.

And for artists here: there is a way to stand up against the stealing of our art. How and why is all in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMykeJm8wJI

You can train your own models (Loras) with your own creations, then modify pose, expression, ambiance, you may learn from local AI Stable Diffusion instead of spit on it and shout "Vade Retro Satanas".