You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hide selection temporarily?

You could also have a look here:

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Layers/manageLayers.html#

— Edit: URL copied from the popup menu is https://affinity.help/designer2/English.lproj/pages/Layers/manageLayers.html 

Thanks to @Pšenda

Edited by Oufti
New link.

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

8 hours ago, Oufti said:

The link does not point anywhere - the front page of the Help is displayed, so it is not clear what you wanted to point to in the Help (it can be found from the text of the link, but I assume that was not its purpose).

Links to Help cannot be made by copying the address bar in the browser, but via the button in the Help menu (bottom right). And that's only if the page is displayed from the menu, not through the use of a contextual link on the page.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

1 hour ago, Pšenda said:

The link does not point anywhere - the front page of the Help is displayed, so it is not clear what you wanted to point to in the Help (it can be found from the text of the link, but I assume that was not its purpose).

Links to Help cannot be made by copying the address bar in the browser, but via the button in the Help menu (bottom right). And that's only if the page is displayed from the menu, not through the use of a contextual link on the page.

Don't worry, his intention was not to help, but to show his superiority by knowing that help exists, when my question was already perfectly answered. There's always one like that.

3 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Links to Help cannot be made by copying the address bar in the browser,

Most often it requires / always works to 'fill' the correct, complete URL into the browser bar via right-click on the help article + choose the "Show this frame only" option …

helpgetdirectlink.thumb.jpg.e178202d5db7ba8b2ab351802f41f844.jpg

… and then copy it from the browsers URL bar (while even then the "Copy link…" button in the lower left corner of this site doesn't work reliable).

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Layers/manageLayers.html?title=Arrange/Manage layers

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

7 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Most often it requires / always works to 'fill' the correct, complete URL into the browser bar via right-click on the help article + choose the "Show this frame only" option …

I right-click on the link, and copy the link address from there.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, LostInTranslation said:

his intention was not to help

I think it should be understood that to "your" topic/question may come across many "other" forum users with the same or similar problem, and then supplementing the information, i.e. not just answering the question, is much more useful. Users can thus obtain additional information, either about the problem itself or its context (embedded links in Help).

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

14 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I right-click on the link, and copy the link address from there.

This is the problem: it may copy an incomplete link …manageLayers.html# , missing the final detail …html?title=Arrange/manage layers
(compare the URL in the screenshot in my post above with the link pasted below the screenshot)

6 hours ago, thomaso said:

This is the problem: it may copy an incomplete link …manageLayers.html# , missing the final detail …html?title=Arrange/manage layers
(compare the URL in the screenshot in my post above with the link pasted below the screenshot)

That extra information is irrelevant. Both links (with or without the ?title attribute) take you to the same place and (in my experience) operate the same way.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

15 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

That extra information is irrelevant. Both links (with or without the ?title attribute) take you to the same place and (in my experience) operate the same way.

Interesting. So you can't experience the result reported by @Pšenda?

To me on mac the shorter URL leads me to the Designer's Help start page (blank + AD's logo) while the longer version leads me to the wanted page. – By the way, what do you get displayed as browser tab title? To me it says Affinity Photo Help with this Designer URL. (both issues in English or German).

affinityhelplayermanager.thumb.jpg.002d7897f89686a50a3e179a613ee968.jpg

1 hour ago, thomaso said:

Interesting. So you can't experience the result reported by @Pšenda?

No, that original URL from @Oufti is definitely wrong.

Wrong: https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Layers/manageLayers.html#

Correct URL is https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/pages/Layers/manageLayers.html

Thanks for continuing this conversation. When I responded to your post, I didn't notice the difference in the earlier part of the URL. You seem to have come up with an alternate way of getting to a URL that works, but the URL is different from the ones I use.

-- Walt
PC:

42 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks for continuing this conversation.

Likewise! It is still some way confusing to me,

a.) how/what an URL on the Help site gets created with the various methods. (I assume @Oufti did not manually type the failing URL)

b.) that the same page (= displayed help article) may show different browser tab titles for the exactly same page. (I get 3 versions, one of them says "undefined")

Does not work:

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Layers/manageLayers.html#

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Layers/manageLayers.html

Does work:

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Layers/manageLayers.html?

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Layers/manageLayers.html?title=Arrange/manage layers

https://affinity.help/designer2/en-US.lproj/pages/Layers/manageLayers.html

Note, the first three URLs differ only in the last character (# |   | ? )

10 hours ago, thomaso said:

What browser are you using? I am using Safari & do not seem to have that show frame only option.

10 hours ago, thomaso said:

(while even then the "Copy link…" button in the lower left corner of this site doesn't work reliable).

For me it does unless I have clicked on one of the links at the bottom of the help page to go to another help page. If I do that, it still copies the original page link.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

8 minutes ago, R C-R said:

What browser are you using? I am using Safari & do not seem to have that show frame only option.

On Windows, Firefox has it but Chrome does not.

-- Walt
PC: