You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Delete node added to right click menu

1 hour ago, Ash said:

We have now added this as an additional menu option ("Fit to curve delete") in the right click menu in the latest build.

Works well on my end, including the ability to create a keyboard shortcut for it. There are times when there aren't enough nodes to support the curved shape (still produces different results from the default behaviour), but when I tried adding new nodes in-between the primary ones and deleted them the curved shapes remained completely intact. Good job!

40 minutes ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Faster to delete stuff using "X", imo. :D

image.png.a950d57c7e351b618c7dc6afc03f6fe2.png
image.png.f11623d96e29ca9dd920a4d510d5a5e6.png

But X is the standard shortcut for Toggle Fill Context (e.g.,  swaps the primary/secondary colors, or the fill/stroke colors).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

But X is the standard shortcut for Toggle Fill Context (e.g.,  swaps the primary/secondary colors, or the fill/stroke colors).

I switched that one out with "Q" instead. I prefer using only one hand for common commands and the standard delete shortcuts tend to require two hands. Delete is just too common of a command not to do this for. Got used to it after using Blender for some years.

This right click behaviour is very exciting to me! I'm really looking forward to trying that "fit to curve delete node". I can't seem to get it to work though, and I'm feeling sort of stupid. So I'm on an M1 Mac Mini, and I'm using a Kensington Expert Mouse trackball. I have one of the buttons configured to "ctrl-click". Now in every other program I've used, I believe ctrl-click does the same thing as right-click. (Maybe I'm wrong, it's been a long day, but that's how I remember it behaving in AI and Firefox and many other programs—ctrl-click and right-click do the same thing.) Ctrl-click in Designer Beta 2.2.0 just seems to straighten the curve out—it doesn't bring up a popup menu or delete the node or anything. Is it possible to make Designer work like other programs and have ctrl-click do the same thing as right-click? (I do have the option to redefine one of my Kensington buttons to do a "secondary click," as it's listed in the mouse preferences, but consistent behaviour across programs would be awesome.) Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

In the node tool I  get the right click menu only when i'm using the mouse.

No such menu using ctr + click on the trackpad or with the wacom pen.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

That's expected. Control + Click on a node will convert it to a smooth one. 

The choice of ctrl modifier there was a mistake for the macOS software. It breaks decades of UI standardisation on Mac. Mac users always expect ctrl+click to be equivalent to secondary click (typically right-click on a two button mouse). 

A better modifier for 'convert to smooth' would have been cmd. Similarly, deleting a segment of a Curve should have been cmd+click instead of ctrl+click.

In other words:

• ctrl+click should display the context menu appropriate for whatever is clicked
  • cmd+click on a node should convert it to smooth
  • cmd+click on a segment should delete it

3 hours ago, lepr said:

The choice of ctrl modifier there was a mistake for the macOS software. It breaks decades of UI standardisation on Mac. Mac users always expect ctrl+click to be equivalent to secondary click (typically right-click on a two button mouse).

I agree. Ctrl-click should do the same thing as a secondary or right click.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

The issue "[Win] Node Right Click context menu is missing dividers on Windows" (REF: AF-14) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.3.0.2083".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.