You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

On 7/21/2023 at 10:08 AM, SVVector said:

A tick box "show guides" can be useful also in case they are not activated so you can see what you're doing. Grid setting have it why not for guides also

Makes sense, how else can one confidently edit guides without seeing them?

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Personally I would like to see, that you can change the position of guides via the Transform panel instead of approximating the position manually or entering a menu for a precise position more than having colors for guides, which is fine and obviously a wanted feature.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

38 minutes ago, joe_l said:

Personally I would like to see, that you can change the position of guides via the Transform panel instead of approximating the position manually or entering a menu for a precise position more than having colors for guides, which is fine and obviously a wanted feature.

5 hours ago, anto said:

Can I link guides to a specific layer or master page?

You can put Guides on a Master Page, and they will then appear on any page which has that Masater Page applied.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You can put Guides on a Master Page, and they will then appear on any page which has that Masater Page applied.

But the color will still be global so no blue on mp1 and red on mp2 if that's what you want to achieve.

1 minute ago, Return said:

But the color will still be global so no blue on mp1 and red on mp2 if that's what you want to achieve.

And not only that. I also want to have different guides on different master pages.

7 minutes ago, anto said:

And not only that. I also want to have different guides on different master pages.

That you can do as @walt.farrell alluded to above, though not of differing colours as @Return mentioed... :)

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

2 minutes ago, anto said:

I also want to have different guides on different master pages.

You can have horizontal on mp1 and vertical on mp2.
Apply both mp1 and mp2 to a page and you can see them both>hide them both and edit linked to match on other pages or edit detached to edit on one page.

• 1 month later...
On 7/17/2023 at 4:35 PM, Pšenda said:

Is this the color for all guides in the document or just one specific guide? I think the option to set different guides with different colors would be very useful.

Agreeing with Pšenda here - changing individual guides would be nice, like an A3 that folds to an A6 or DL and you can differentiate between fold guides and column margin guides.