Export crashes Designer under Ventura Beta 2

• Moderators

Hi @Schwelli, @Brauni,
Welcome to affinity Forums :)
Can you confirm you are running macOS Beta 13 (22A5311f) build please? Are you running it on Intel or Apple Silicon based systems (M1 & M2 chips)? Are you using File > Export command or the Export Persona to export files? Thanks.

1. I am using the latest version of Designer: 1.10.5
  2. This happens every time I try to export
  3. This happens to old and new documents. I cannot even create a new document with a simple square in it and export the document.
  • I am running Ventura 13.0 Beta (22A5311f) on a M1 13" MacBook Pro with 16gb of RAM
  • I tried with acceleration on and off, both still crash
  • Every time I try to export the program crashes. Sometimes it throws an Apple error report. Sometimes it does not
  • Nothing else is connected to the computer
  • This seems to be related to Ventura, however, I was exporting a few days ago with no problems and I was on Ventura. So it seems to be a more recent problem.

• Moderators

Thanks for all feedback everyone. Seems opening PDF & Ai files affects both Intel and Apple Silicon based systems, whereas the general Export issues affects Apple Silicon based system only.
Is anyone experiencing crashes in Ventura Beta 4 on Intel based machines when exporting?
Thanks. This is being logged to be looked at.