You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Arabic language Support

Hello @Zid Chwya and welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, there is currently no support for RTL text input.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 2 weeks later...

It will be good to have Arabic right-left language / bidirectional text support @Lee D. There are some workarounds detailed on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=affinity+arabic+ some have a cost like Artwayz). Having a plug-in or similar for Affinity would be ideal - even if its an Added Cost Item to be purchased from the Affinity add-ons store. There must be a large number of users using Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, Urdu - who would be interested. 
thanks 

Thanks @LondonSquirrel 
Libre is good but still if transferred (copy & paste) to Affinity the result is still jumbled - see the attachment - the top is توني from Libre - but joined & almost got there - I tried the same from MS Word - and the bottom is inexplicable - but a script. 
I also entered direct - the first is on the Oman 101 keyboard (Windows10) and the second is Oman 102 - slight difference which I had not seen when using MS Word. 
I am tempted to buy Artwayz - but some comments are that it doesn't function. Photoshop - the old versions on a CD - did have a plugin that worked & I can imagine that a similar paid plugin would work with Affinity.🤞

ALL .png

I appreciate that - there have been several forum posts about right to left language over the years.

My post was to make a language request to Affinity (without making a new post) with a link to a moderator such as  @Callum(the forum is suggested for requests - by Affinity on their website ). As I am aware that I am not the first I hope that by letting them know there is another person who is interested, a picture of demand may build up. 

I think Affinity is a good, low cost alternative to Adobe - so the cost of freely implementing the request may be prohibitive. The right-to left market is also generally low cost (except for Israel). So I think Affinity have a large pool of people who would right to left language -  and pay for it. 

Artwayz charge from US$30 for the right-to-left workaround and they explicitly promote for use with Affinity. So I would guess that Affinity - or an authorised supplier - could achieve that as a sale in the Affinity add-ons store if the Affinity team would agree. 

Hope springs eternal - to quote 
Pope. 

• 7 months later...

I dont think that a programming issue adobe and many software houses thy did it I think they should put it in their road map improvement it will not hurt them and it will give them more credits and more sale 

Edited by KHALIDTV
I want to delete it

3 hours ago, Tony W said:

KHALIDTV - agreed. There may be a coding issue to get the script to flow when using a mix of left to right & right to left. However a plugin or similar that has a charge would hopefully offset the cost of specialized coding. 
Lets see - I'm always hopeful

I dont think that a programming issue adobe and many software houses thy did it I think they should put it in their road map improvement it will not hurt them and it will give them more credits and more sale 

19 hours ago, KHALIDTV said:

I want to delete it

You can hide it, if by "it" you mean the post. At the upper Right of each post are three dots 1781452364_ScreenShot2022-10-08at8_54_01AM.png.f918a1bf246914483e52bb34c2184c44.png click on them and you should see the option to hide any of your posts.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 4 months later...
On 2/13/2022 at 12:35 PM, Zid Chwya said:

You might like to use this, past in the Arabic text. Then ‘translate’ copy it and past it in affinity.

https://www.arabic-text.com

regards,

ivan

Hi 

I am an Arab user of Affinity Publisher, and since 90% of my work is in Arabic, I face a big problem in the programs not supporting the Arabic language

How can I deal with this problem

Regard

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Maryam Ismaeel said:

I need to use Affinity Publisher but in Arabic...

Its unfortunate Maryam Ismaeel that Affinity, so far, does not support any right to left languages (Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, Urdu etc) . I purchased Affinity 2 - the latest version - in the hope that right to left will be included in that, eventually. 
Fingers crossed it will come Inshallah

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received an upgrade offer for the Universal License since I have all three Affinity products in both PC and iPad versions but I thought I would first check to see if they added support for Arabic RTL. Unfortunately, it is still unsupported, therefore  I would pass on that offer.

Thanks,

Omer

Omer it is unfortunate - But I like Affinity & I purchased version2 on its release - designer, photo, publisher so fingers crossed 🤞Affinity will introduce Right to Left ⬅️or engage/approve a company to create a plug-in at an extra charge 💰- it will be a fantastic addition especially for publisher

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Dldar said:

Right-to-left support, please.

Just for your information - since you stated your request in the thread for the V1 version, the development of which has already been ended (the development continues with the V2 version), the implementation of such fundamental and difficult requirements (as already reported by Serif) is no longer possible in V1 expect.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome
For your information, programs that do not support writing from the right, and neglect half of the world’s languages, are not worth purchasing or following, especially since those interested have been asking for this for years, not months.