mojo95

Batch Processing RAW files with macros

Hello all,

I know this has been discussed countless times earlier, but I still can't wrap my head around about how this feature still isn't available by now.

As a timelapse photographer coming from Lightroom I need to process about 400 photos for each timelapse sequence. What is so difficult to just provide the feature of copy and pasting adjustments on one photo to a bunch of others? Or, since you provide the macro feature, use this also on the development panel? I really hope to see this feature in an update soon, or at least I'd like to have an explanation on why an apparently simple option like this can't be implemented.

I saw this topic being discussed for more than 5 years already. I really like AP and it's interface but this is a must have for me. Otherwise I need to go back to LR which is not what I want to.

Best regards

Mo

You can set up a batch process that reads a set of raw files, applies one or more macros to them and then saves in another format (including resizing). You need to be aware that the default development processing is not the same as a non-batch develop, but you can adjust your macros to obtain the desired effect.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.8,3 Designer 1.8.3 and Publisher 1.8.3 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

On 5/25/2020 at 6:30 AM, John Rostron said:

You can set up a batch process that reads a set of raw files, applies one or more macros to them and then saves in another format (including resizing). You need to be aware that the default development processing is not the same as a non-batch develop, but you can adjust your macros to obtain the desired effect.

John

"You can..." but how? Is there a tutorial video? How do you make a macro for the Develop Persona when macro recording isn't available there?

Not trying to be a smart-alec, I'm just asking because I have the same questions as OP.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:30 AM, John Rostron said:

You need to be aware that the default development processing is not the same as a non-batch develop,

I believe they improved that in 1.8.3 for batch processing, John.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.665 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.665 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.663 Beta.

16 hours ago, W A Tolbert said:

You can..." but how? Is there a tutorial video? How do you make a macro for the Develop Persona when macro recording isn't available there?

You cannot record Develop actions in a macro. What I was suggesting was that you create a macro to run in the Photo persona following on from the Develop persona.

I have not explored what @walt.farrell is suggesting in 1.8.3. I will try it out.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.8,3 Designer 1.8.3 and Publisher 1.8.3 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Yeah this feature is desperately needed. I am using Affinity 1.8.3.latest there is no (obvious) way to use customized raw develop settings.

Also as an aside, how do you stop a batch process once it's started? Other than just killing the application in the task manager :)

J.