You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copy > Paste Fx Causes Rescaling of Drop Shadows

Not sure if this is a "feature" or a bug. When I copy/paste layer styles between objects, it causes weird upscaling/downscaling of Drop Shadow/Outer Shadow offsets. The only thing I can think of is it is somehow tied to the height of the second two objects. It also works in reverse.

I attached a video to show what I mean.

test.afdesign

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Sean P 

I have the same problem with Inner glow, outer glow, etc... Everything with the pixel parameters on FX gives random pixel sizes from the original element copied (and I have "Scale with Object" unchecked)

The same goes for Styles. When I'm working on UI elements, I need consistency of FX and it would be nice when I apply a style to an object to keep the exact pixel values instead of random pixel scales.

3 hours ago, ashf said:

I know I know.
Waiting for the fix for a long time.

Ditto. Found this post and it explained a lot of issues.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.