• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Windows Store: Not submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Not Available

---

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.8.2.603 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update to the 1.8.0 version recently released to all customers (though it installs parallel to the release). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

StudioLink: We have updated StudioLink to ignore the 'patch' version when checking compatibility. StudioLink should be enabled if any corresponding version 1.8 product is available.

---

General

• Fix for bleed not available in Photo Persona
  • New document panel - terminology and UI tweaks
  • New document panel - saves settings between uses.
  • (Mac) Fixes for blurry icons on non-retina screens

Document Management

• Stability and performance improvements adding and deleting pages
  • Fixed issue with sections being incorrectly deleted when pages deleted
  • (Win) Fix for inability to scroll through whole document in certain circumstances

Geometry 

• Stability and performance improvements for geometry operations

Text

• Fixes for Catalan Hyphenation
  • (Mac) Fixed crash typing into Font name selection UI

Hyperlinks

• Fixed issue exporting caused by hyperlinks

Import / Export

• XLSX - File import improvements
  • (Win) PDF Export - PDF X4 convert image colour space was not available
  • IDML Import - crash fixes for specific documents
  • IDML - import of hyphenation

---

To be notified about all future Windows beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

Another update..getting hard to keep up!...Many thanks for the continued innovation and hard work..really appreciated....and I can add nodes in here with the node tool....:)

Oh..and it installed ok!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Yes!  First time in a long time the install worked without having to restart Windows first.

(05mar2020) Ryzen 1800x, Gigabyte AX370 K7, Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVME-M.2 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G2 PS, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 442.50 (01mar20), LG Ultra HD (2), Win 10 Pro x64 18363.657, Affinity Photo/Designer 1.8.1.604 beta & Publisher 1.8.2.603 beta

On 3/6/2020 at 7:46 PM, AdamW said:

PDF Export - Placed images with different bit depth and icc colour profile

To what does this refer exactly?

Windows 10 Home 64 / AMD Ryzen 1700 @ 3.6 GHz / Asus Prime B350-Plus / 32 GB RAM / GeForce RTX 3060 12GB with latest studio drivers
Affinity Suite V2 latest official versions

3 minutes ago, neville said:

How come Designer and Photo are on version 1.8.1 Beta and Publisher is on version 1.8.2 Beta? Are the next releases not going to have synchronised version numbers?

That surprised me, too.

The Mac versions had to release 1.8.1 quickly as a retail version to fix a problem with the 1.8.0 versions released to the Mac App Store. They then released 1.8.2 beta versions. So I was surprised when the Windows betas of Photo and Designer went to 1.8.1 rather than 1.8.2. I just figured that the retail versions would be out of sync (1.8.2 for Mac, and 1.8.1 for Windows) but now we have Publisher out of sync with Designer and Photo for Windows.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Are the next releases not going to have synchronised version numbers?

Not in sync on Windows (1.8.1 APh /1.8.1 ADe /1.8.2 APu ) and yes in sync on Mac (1.8.2 APh /1.8.2 ADe /1.8.2 APu ), is my expectation because  of the day one update on macOS (as walt says)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
On 3/7/2020 at 11:38 PM, M1000 said:

To what does this refer exactly?

(PDF Export - Placed images with different bit depth and icc colour profile) Apologies, in fact this appears to be a transcription error and refers to an issue which has not yet been fixed. I've updated the initial post.

• Staff
22 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Not in sync on Windows (1.8.1 APh /1.8.1 ADe /1.8.2 APu ) and yes in sync on Mac (1.8.2 APh /1.8.2 ADe /1.8.2 APu ), is my expectation because  of the day one update on macOS (as walt says)

We didn't really want to issue versions of Publisher for Mac / Windows built from the same code but with different version numbers.

9 minutes ago, AdamW said:

We didn't really want to issue versions of Publisher for Mac / Windows built from the same code but with different version numbers.

Understandable, but wouldn't that viewpoint indicate that the Windows betas of Designer and Photo should also be 1.8.2.something? :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

@Birgit Finland

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Thanks for confirming the fix (and hiding your first bugs post). As there is a beta that fixes this for you, I have unhidden that post only to point people here in case they need similar help to you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon