You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrong icons in iCloud drive

How do I solve the problem with having the same icon on the Affinity Designer and the Affinity Photo on the iCloud when I use my iPad Air 3 (the same visual problem regarding the icons while looking in the iCloud folder on my iPhone 7)? I have three Affinity folders on iCloud Drive, but both the Designer and the Photo folders have the icon of the Affinity Photo.

When I'm looking from my MBP, there are three different icon (Designer, Photo and Publisher), but looking at the same folder from my iPad Designer and Photo got the same Photo icon on their folders and Publisher got its own correct icon on its folder.

image.png

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»

• Staff

Hi edwardsson,

Welcome to the forums :)

This has been an ongoing issue for a little while now typically if you leave it it will rectify itself.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

20 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi edwardsson,

Welcome to the forums :)

This has been an ongoing issue for a little while now typically if you leave it it will rectify itself.

Thanks

C

Thanks for the welcome. :)

How long does it usually take to let the these kind of issus rectify itself? I have had this problem for weeks, if not months, and I have had a similar problem on my Mac (solved by the help of the instructions mentioned in the following thread:

That fixed worked on the macOS side of the problem, unfortunately not on the iOS side of the problem.

2020 MacBook Pro 13” M1 | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2019 iPad Air 3 10.5” | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

»A determined man can do more with a rusty screwdriver than a lazy man with a whole toolbox»

For what it’s worth, I have the same issue and no Mac. I usually save my files elsewhere so it hasn't bothered me (in fact I didn’t notice until I checked after reading this thread!).:o

Update: My icons now appear correctly. I don’t recall doing anything special to fix it.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 1 year later...

This issue still persists. The Affinity Designer folder icon always had the Affinity Photo icon associated with it for me (and has never fixed itself). I know it's a low-priority cosmetic issue, but it can impact user confidence in the applications (and Serif themselves), especially with new users. It might be one small thing, but if it's one more small thing in a growing list of small things… well.

Same here. Still the Affinity Photo icon on both folders. 

• 1 year later...

Still got the same problem. Got the same icon for both the Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo. And I've got the folder connected to the Affinity Publisher named Affinity Publisher Beta. It seems to be impossibl to change the name and remove the »Beta» in the folder name. 

I thought everything should fix itself after v.2 (still on macOS 10.15.7 since my MBP is from 2012).

Same here, I also had the issue with V1. Now that I’ve upgraded to V2 I deleted the folders associated with V1 and let the app generate new folders when I installed V2 then moved the files back in. This time I have a the new Designer Icon on it’s folder but the Photo folder is blank. 

I know it’s not the end of the world but its helpful for quick identification.

13 hours ago, Dlm71 said:

Same here, I also had the issue with V1. Now that I’ve upgraded to V2 I deleted the folders associated with V1 and let the app generate new folders when I installed V2 then moved the files back in. This time I have a the new Designer Icon on it’s folder but the Photo folder is blank. 

I know it’s not the end of the world but its helpful for quick identification.

I did the same, but I installed the V2 before I deleted the V1, so I even if I deleted all the old folders, I still got the same wrong icon on the new Designer folder. The Publisher icon still has the wrong name (Affinity Publisher Beta) and it seems to be impossible to change the name of the folder.

Hopefully one step closer to a solution. Now I only want to get rid of the Beta in the Affinity Publisher folder.

Affinity Icons.png

20 minutes ago, edwardsson said:

Hopefully one step closer to a solution. Now I only want to get rid of the Beta in the Affinity Publisher folder.

Affinity Icons.png

Honestly, I wish they had never introduced these folders.

Many people no longer use them and instead create their own folder structures that they control especially when you access your work on all three platforms.

With the changes to Save and Save As functionality to allow direct browsing into the filing system, the same way the desktop apps work, means that these iPad folders are no longer really needed and neither is the default save location under preferences.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

Just now, Paul Mudditt said:

Many people no longer use them and instead create their own folder structures that they control especially when you access your work on all three platforms.

With the changes to Save and Save As functionality to allow direct browsing into the filing system, the same way the desktop apps work, means that these iPad folders are no longer really needed and neither is the default save location under preferences.

I can personally attest to this….as I suffered through trying to correct this small annoyance, and had drastic outcomes…but with a single simple solution to the after effect of it all…and can honestly say- don’t waste your time worrying about it.
Just create and Name new folders. ✌️

25 minutes ago, Paul Mudditt said:

20 minutes ago, StudioJason said:

I can personally attest to this….as I suffered through trying to correct this small annoyance, and had drastic outcomes…but with a single simple solution to the after effect of it all…and can honestly say- don’t waste your time worrying about it.
Just create and Name new folders. ✌️

That may be the best solution to the problem. Thanks for the advice.