You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blue tint on all of my files

Your white looks white to me, check your monitor settings.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Indeed it looks white. But if it was the monitor, I guess the forum background should look blueish as well, in other words, you shouldn’t see a difference between the image thumbnail on this webpage and the background of the <article> tag that holds your comment. For the image doesn’t have a color profile embedded and, by the RGB values, it is completely white. :)

Monitor.png.5f132fa89375e7ed55712b080acf8915.png

• Staff

Hi derekcoffsky,

Welcome to the forums :)

Similar to the above 2 posts, your image certainly looks white to me too!

Could you please provide a screenshot of your Colour settings in Affinity, alongside your OS settings?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

The only difference I can see with regard to Affinity's colour tab is that in Rendering intent I have relative colorimetric, not absolute colormetric other than that it's the same.

Ok, is the blue tint just displaying in Affinity or is it evident in other apps and or generally in windows explorer?

In the meantime, try taking a snap with your mobile phone and uploading that image.

Also create a document with a white rectangle, do a File > Save and then upload that file.

Which app are you using?

What is your system spec and in particular which graphic card or graphic chip do you have? You can use something like Speccy to find this out

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

It does look bluish but as far as I can see there looks like there is a moire pattern in cyan so it looks blue but isn't, the bottom of that page doesn't particularly look blue and neither does the area surrounding the image.

• Staff

Thanks for your screenshots of your colour settings. Do you have a secondary monitor connected to your system? If so, does this use the same colour profile?

On 9/21/2019 at 10:47 PM, derekcoffsky said:

Attached is an image of a picture exported from my computer but then sent to another one.

If the 'blue tint' is visible on more than one PC it may be due to the design itself, could you provide the Affinity file used to create this collage?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

File truncated, Bad upload Derek, you need to upload it again. 

• Staff

Thanks for your file, unfortunately I'm still seeing a 'truncated' message, however I can see the issue here. The colour profile in use against the document is not sRGB as your preferences show (as circled below). Please go to Document>Convert Format/ICC Profile... and change the document profile to sRGB. Does this resolve your issue?

image.png

Please note -

Many thanks!

Err … Dan … what is going on here?

When I open the provided file as it is, the UI elements of Affinity Photo show a blueish tint. MacBook Pro, late 2011, internal screen. After converting the document to sRGB, the UI elements revert to normal, but now the document shows a blueish tint. Is that how it should be? O.o

Before-Conversion.thumb.png.6a78f770b0234f42ae41f95fd38d1554.png

After-Conversion.thumb.png.dda79e539b19bcda5012ee01da5e85aa.png

45 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

When I open the provided file as it is ...

How did you manage to open the file? On my iMac I first get the truncated file message & then a 'must close' one that says something about connection to the file being lost.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

9 hours ago, R C-R said:

How did you manage to open the file?

I double-clicked the download … LOL … seriously, I have no idea. But there was a complaint too.

9 hours ago, derekcoffsky said:

How can I send the file without it being truncated?

You could try to zip the file, before uploading (Right click on the file in Finder > Create Archive). But I start to get the impression that the file itself is corrupted. What about creating a new file from scratch, assigning the correct colour profile from the outset, and copying the existing contents to it? By doing so, all of your contents and media should be converted to the target document colour space and you could start making adjustments.

Edited by A_B_C
Forgot about the complaint message

9 hours ago, derekcoffsky said:

How can I send the file without it being truncated?

I think this forum sometimes corrupts large files when they are uploaded to it.  There are too many reports of this happening and I have experienced it myself a few times on large files that I know to be good (i.e. not corrupted).

To send the file again you could setup a dropbox or wetransfer link and people could download the file from there.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff
14 hours ago, A_B_C said:

Err … Dan … what is going on here?

When I open the provided file as it is, the UI elements of Affinity Photo show a blueish tint. MacBook Pro, late 2011, internal screen. After converting the document to sRGB, the UI elements revert to normal, but now the document shows a blueish tint. Is that how it should be? O.o

I've not seen this before! How strange - I can only imagine it has something to do with file being corrupted. Unfortunately when opening the file on Windows, I can see the file before I am forced to close it, when trying to open the file on Mac the app crashes for me instantly.

@derekcoffsky Could you please try uploading the file to the following link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/uy8njlWtvvGcozdtRTjB

Please note -

Many thanks!