JeroenK

Font is not loaded into Affinity Photo (Windows)

Hello All,

After two decades of Paintshop Pro it seems I am switching to a new program! I love Affinity so far, been at it for two days now. There is only one major issue for me. For my work I am using several fonts quite extensively. But one of them is not loading correctly. It is the bahnschrift ttf font of which only the 'regular' is loading. And that is loading 15 times as you can see from the screenshot.

I am on a Dutch Windows 10, 64 bit, all patched up, and downloaded and installed Affinity just two days ago.

This font is working fine in other programs...bahnschrift.ttf

Thanks!

affinuity bug.jpg

Probeer hier eens,helemaal onderaan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1909)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

44 minutes ago, MEB said:

The font loads/displays fine in Affinity Photo for Mac

Really?? I thought variable fonts were not yet supported by the Affinity apps! I’m looking forward to a fix for the Windows versions.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

Thanks guys!

The files in the 7zip file haakoo suggested works fine for me. Thanks! But would indeed be great if it worked right out of the box. I dont know the technicalities, but if the coders could fixed that for future projects....

This will save me returning to PSP a lot all the time, making it harder to switch since I best dive totally in the new program to get used to it...

15 minutes ago, Eℓƒяє∂ said:

Really?? I thought variable fonts were not yet supported by the Affinity apps! I’m looking forward to a fix for the Windows versions.

I don't know for sure if there was improvements here (support for variable fonts) but it identifies and lists the uploaded file font correctly on Mac for me.

Bahnschrift.png.bfc58f12973457a7610685a409d71e36.png

4 hours ago, DyraSan said:

in this Paintshop Pro.

You may have mistaken the forum.

As for Affinity Photo, it uses fonts from the OS, so just add/install it.

Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.7.3.481.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, Build 18363.476.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.