You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity

And yet you have time to spam the forum.

As mentioned in other threads you've just participated in, the Spotlight thingy doesn't take time away from the programmers working hard on APub. APub will be in beta this summer...which you would have known if you read the teaser post by Tony and watched the video.

Neither the promise of APub, the delay or even the eventual release has prevented me from working. Yep, I use other layout applications, including ID. And even after release 2.x that's a long way out, I'll still be using those other layout applications. It's just that after its release, I'll have another choice in what I use.

Mike

3 hours ago, davemike said:

Why don't you consort your effort into Affinity Publisher instead of wasting time on silly projects.

I have just given up waiting, thank you very much, but back to Adobe. !!!

Dave, I (and many others) could say the same in regards to your post: why Serif doesn't focus solely on AP and AD rather than adding another burden (Publisher) to the already precarious balance?

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

3 hours ago, davemike said:

Why don't you consort your effort into Affinity Publisher instead of wasting time on silly projects.

I have just given up waiting, thank you very much, but back to Adobe. !!!

Very glad you went somewhere else.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

hi @davemike i have read your comment and disagreement about Affinity products and i can understand but... please, bear with me into this.

See i've been doing IT for 14 years non stop, when i say IT i mean Real technical stuffs that most users don't want to talk about.

at some stage when no one even believed or wanted to dare listen, i really believed Linux was the freedom and deliverer of the entire ecosystem so i just connected and started to walk with that hard and non complete O.S that most users couldn't understand, accept to see installed on their computer and even i was rejected by my friends (IT like me) most saying : one day you will be back, you son of Microsoft birthed by the desire of windows. for many years i was in he middle world using Linux as my personal O.S (also enjoying to breakc stuff and see the O.S become better and better day after day) but not even my emplyers liked what i liked .... until .... few weeks ago when i read: Microsoft is launching it's Linux O.S ...
Look... i smiled and was happy because i knew i did not waisted all this time learning and commandlining etc... Yet i'm using a Mac currently but, it's even because Mac runs Unix like stuffs in it and i really at home with better UI.
Why am i sharing this story with you?
it's because like me (in my old days), you maybe fedup Adobe products and just want to cut the rope but i would suggest you keep learning from ID, QXP and even PP9, one day when APub is released you will find yourself even ready but also peaceful enough to raise good ideas that will help to make it even better.
Don't quit, find peace in your heart about that but keep learning what you already know !

Myself i don't want to focus too much on APub otherwise i maybe disapointed if i put too much expectations and presure on myself but i invest enough time to learn from ID, day after day and the day APub is out i will be eady and have a better point of view and will be able to bring better help !

Find PEace of Heart dear, you are strong and creative enough to give up !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3