affwin

Export defaults to folder

9 posts in this topic

AfPhoto for Windows V1.5.0.46
Hi, how can I export a picture (JPG) to the same folder as the source (as a fixed preset - default).
Thanks and Greetings Dieter

Germany, Affinity WIN 1.5 , LR6, WIN7-64

Hi affwin,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Designer exports to the last used folder by default. Currently there's no way to change this. Check this thread for more info.

I'm adding this to the Common Feature Requests thread and moving this thread to the Feature Requests section.

+1.

This should of course also work when opening and processing RAW files.

For me this is one of the crucial settings of a raw/image processing software (and most other software editing for some sort of files).

Some do it by default (old PhotoImpact) or can be adjusted to do it (PS Elements 15), in some other ones the lack of this setting makes me constantly saving files to the false folder, which drives me crazy and is a huge time killer (Premiere Elements and Nikon Capture NX-D for example.)

I need the same as I'm working with a lot of small images I always have to save (export as JPG) the newest version of the image to the desktop or another default folder and then copy&paste it to the original folder. It's horrible when you want to modify a lot of smaller images.
So please add the option to save in original folder for the exporter.

Thank you!

Hi

I would like this feature addressed in preferences.  Why?  Because this user would like to configure a base folder below which I could look for RAW files to open, and a base folder below which I could find or create a directory into which to export the output.  I don't understand why anyone would want to put the photos s/he has developed into the same directory as the original RAW.  But I wouldn't want to stop them ;).

Alfred likes this