You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 features you guys should add, that Photoshop doesn't have

And they are wrap around mode and mirror painting.
Links to Krita videos, respectively:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ8SgTiZHJY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVxC4SFaBXk&t=240s

Mirror painting in particular is something that CSP also has, but wrap around mode I think Krita is one of the few apps that has it. AP could be another one too.

Both of these features are really good for ppl making textures and artists in general.

Moving to Feature Requests forum.

Thanks! Didn't really know where to best put this.

Another thing i forgot to mention about mirror mode, depending on how you implement it, you can end up having unlimited mirrors, to allow you to make mandalas and whatnot easily.

CSP has a system with rulers that is quite handy, but maybe the affinity devs can come up with something even better.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic but I noticed mirror/symmetry mode in affinity photo lately and it reminded me of this. Every day as a game artist I make tiling textures and it would be absolutely amazing to have a wrap mode in affinity photo for editing/hand painting tiling textures. Krita's implementation of wrap mode is perfect, however to me that's one of Kritas only useful features and I'd like to be able to have this in Affinity photo where I made all of my edits to textures.

My typical workflow would be to start off in zbrush/substance designer to create my maps (albedo, normal, height, roughness etc) and sometimes do final manual tweaks to the textures in photoshop which also doesn't have a wrap mode, so I end up having to offset and edit constantly. wrap mode is the dream... I don't know how much work it would be to implement to affinity photo but it would certainly go a long way in getting game developers to notice Affinity. :)

The 2 deal brakers if you are a game artist are the wrap around mode, and the fact that there is no proper, sort of pixel perfect, way to turn off anti-aliasing. Which means you can't use shape tools or anything other than the pencil tool for pixel art. Serif is so short sighted and so anti-artist(real artist, not "designers"), that it's overall appalling at times. Specially considering that the polish of the software. As long as affinity doesn't have these, I might as well use any other art software.

Also, keep an eye on this request.