You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DDS texture export

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, but would be better to tell us when or if you are going to add the feature instead of pointing us to a thread where there are any additional details.
But I have already gave up on Affinity Photo anyway because there are just too many features missing for more advanced workflows like the texture creation (especially external document linking / auto updating) and it looks that devs have different priorities.

• Staff

Hi jendabeck,

I have no idea if or when this will be implemented at this point, sorry. I've linked to other threads just for reference (could also have merged the posts but it usually disrupts the whole flow of the thread).

Affinity Photo is quite recent. We are still trying to cover major uses cases for photo editing/RAW development so some niche features for other areas may take some time until they get implemented/considered.

In any case i would suggest you to add them to the Feature Requests section for consideration. Support for linked files will come later in a future update/upgrade.

There was already a couple requests for this. Just for reference: 

DDS file format support

DDS File Support

Request for DDS export from Affinity Photo

I'm not sure that counts as "already", Miguel! This thread is older than the other ones: OlaHaldor created the last one on your list, and only came to this one because I linked to it.  ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

As long as they remain linked it's all that matters i think... 

Yes, you're right, as somebody famous once said! :D

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 9 months later...

+1 to this request but ..

Can you please support the latest and greatest DDS photoshop plugin, which now has support for DX11 / 12, and the new BC7 format textures in popular games such as Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4

Intel Texture Works plugin - https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin

The NVidia plugin requested is very old now, and does not support the newer formats.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm shocked as there seems like we're talking to deaf ears..

Today I had a game model I had to edit, and the textures are only available in DDS.
You, Affinity, are holding us back from using your awesome software at its full potential, and keep forcing your customers to go elsewhere (where we'd rather not be) to get the job done.o.O

That's sort of the funny thing I see all over facebook in different 3D app/game engine groups. So much praise for Affinity from a group of users/fans, yet so little knowledge about drawbacks like this. It is simply outrageous.

When I point it out to them that "yes, Affinity is cool and all that, but did you know.... TGA and DDS..." they react in shock and disbelief, some even try to defend Affinity for it. o.O

I'd love a STATEMENT from Affinity as to WHY they're not even thinking of adding DDS or TGA. A REASON I could reason with. For as long as we're kept in the dark, I will continue fighting this monstrosity. ¬¬

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest thing I read about this in another thread (but about TGA), is it's way down on the list (and by the looks of it, has been since 2016).

It's starting to look like I'm that bitter old neighbor who hates kids, collect soccer balls they accidentally shoot over my side of the fence etc.. I'm really not. I am just frustrated as something as simple as this can be lacking from a popular (and in all other ways really good) piece of software.

TGA + DDS export in 2019? Would be awesome.

I tried Xnview (I could never get into the imagemagick website, it times out..) but there doesn't seem to be any options like flip, flop, mipmaps, which compression etc. So that leaves me with Photoshop, agian.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Agree, add decent DDS support ASAP, please.

ROG-mini-22x13.pngASUS Gaming Laptop GL703GS CPU: i7-8750H,  RAM: 32GB DDR4@2666,  Gfx: GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, Screen: G-Sync AUO B173HAN03.2 17" 1080p 144Hz, HD: SSD + NVMe,  Audio: Realtek HD (ALC295),  Controllers: Hori Fighting Stick Mini, XBox One bt controller, ROG Strix Carry wireless/bt mouse.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...