You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export as PDF without all the artboards

Hi guys, I am trying to export some logo designs from AD. Each logo is on its own artboard and I am exporting them to a multi-page pdf with each artboard as a page. However I don't want to export all the artboards however it always exports all the artboards. How can I export only the artboards that I choose?

Thanks 

• Staff

Hi william,

You can choose the Artboard you want to export from the Area dropdown in the export dialog (menu File ▸ Export) or using the Export Persona where each artboard has its own slice (automaticallty generated). Check the ones you want to export and press the Export Slices button on the bottom of the Slices panel.

[EDIT] To export multiple artboards as individual pages on a single PDF, select the artboard's layers in the Layers panel, then go to File ▸ Export, click the PDF tab then choose Selection with (or without) background from the Area dropdown. All selected artboards  in the Layers panel will be included in the PDF as individual pages.

Hi william,

You can choose the Artboard you want to export form the Area dropdown in the export dialog (menu File ▸ Export) or using the Export Persona where each artboard has its own slice (automaticallty generated). Check the ones you want to erxport and press the Export Selected button on the bottom of the Slices panel.

Hey MEB, it would be fine if AD rembers the last exportet artboard and doesn't switch back to default "whole doc" if you want export again. If I have many artboards I must sometimes export them two or three times with changes and always have to select the right artboard again. Also if AD remembers which one was the last exportet, I don't have to check first which I have to export next. Would make life just easier ...

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

• 1 year later...
On 6/18/2016 at 0:51 PM, MEB said:

Hi william,

You can choose the Artboard you want to export form the Area dropdown in the export dialog (menu File ▸ Export) or using the Export Persona where each artboard has its own slice (automaticallty generated). Check the ones you want to erxport and press the Export Selected button on the bottom of the Slices panel.

@MEB I was able to export my 2 selected artboards, from a series of 4 artboards, in Draw Persona, using File ▸ Export ▸PDF ▸ Area dropdown Selection with background.

This successfully exported my 2 selected artboards into a single PDF.  Great!

I am not sure how to do the same task (export 2 out of 4 slices/artboards into a single PDF) using the Export Persona.

Can you please explain how to get this to work?

I am using Affinity Designer 1.6.1.93

Thanks, 

Dave Vector

@v_kyr  I watched the Exporting and Printing video.  It does not answer my question, unfortunately.  I wanted to see if it is possible to export a couple of slices/artboards and have them bundled into a SINGLE PDF upon export using the Export Persona.  In the video he exports 2 pages ("Leaflet Internal and "Leaflet External") and they export as 2 PDFs.

Is it possible to Export selected slices/artboards and have them combined into one PDF?

See the video from 02:37 on which shows how to select individual slices and export just those into a PDF.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• Staff
4 hours ago, Dave Vector said:

@MEB I was able to export my 2 selected artboards, from a series of 4 artboards, in Draw Persona, using File ▸ Export ▸PDF ▸ Area dropdown Selection with background.

This successfully exported my 2 selected artboards into a single PDF.  Great!

I am not sure how to do the same task (export 2 out of 4 slices/artboards into a single PDF) using the Export Persona.

Can you please explain how to get this to work?

I am using Affinity Designer 1.6.1.93

Thanks, 

Dave Vector

Hi Dave,

My reply above wasn't quite complete. Seems i have misunderstood OP's question. This can't be done directly through the Export Persona if you want each artboard as an individual page which is what i believe you are trying to achieve. The Export Persona always outputs the artboards as a single PDF or several ones combined on the same page.

I've edited the second post to make this more clear. My apologies to @william7 for the inaccurate reply.

From the Draw Persona.

• Select the Artboards you want to export.

Export_1.png

• Use these Settings.

Export_2.png

• This is the result.

Export_3.png

Best regards!

Thanks @MEB for clarifying it. I am grateful that this can be done easily using the File ▸ Export ▸PDF method.  It was my desire to fully understand the abilities of the Export Persona that lead me to question if it could be done through this method as well.  I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and edit your original post.

- Dave Vector