You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Typography Dialog turned into a Panel

5 хвилин тому Кат сказав:

I reported that as well here yesterday...

I had a problem with this button right after the update. I would click it and nothing would happen until I selected the panel from the menu. And then I saw that the size of the panel changes every time I click on the button.

18 minutes ago, anto said:

I had a problem with this button right after the update. I would click it and nothing would happen until I selected the panel from the menu. And then I saw that the size of the panel changes every time I click on the button.

The Typography window sometimes can't be opened due to a bug. If you can't open it from the button, try the Window menu. If that still doesn't work reset the studio or load a saved studio preset (a studio preset saved from 2.5). If that doesn't work, restart Publisher.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff

The issue "[Win] Typography appears twice in Window menu item" (REF: AF-2784) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2415".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.

• Staff

The issue "[macOS] Typography Shortcuts is missing from Settings > Shortcuts on MacOS" (REF: AF-2787) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2430".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Affinity Info Bot to notify us.

Confirming that the Typography window opens too big, (Win Build 2415) beyond the vertical dimensions of the screen, when the font has a lot of features. It is impossible to scroll down to Figure and Capital features. It should not be higher than the screen it is on. Vertical resizing from top or bottom is not working. (Workaround is to collapse some groups.)

10 hours ago, Luc(as) said:

Confirming that the Typography window opens too big, (Win Build 2415) beyond the vertical dimensions of the screen, when the font has a lot of features. It is impossible to scroll down to Figure and Capital features. It should not be higher than the screen it is on. Vertical resizing from top or bottom is not working. (Workaround is to collapse some groups.)

I reported this issue in this post, which states that this bug was fixed in version 2.5.0.2415, but it was not.

In version 2.5.0.2430 I can change the height of the panel. So, is it fixed?

18 hours ago, Luc(as) said:

That does not solve the UI-problem, it makes the typography window only a centimetre shorter, and the figure-features are still below the table surface.

I wrote nonsense there 🙂 It depends on the screen.
On my big screen, the Typography window still opens higher than the real estate, but only a tad, so that the last entry (after scrolling down) "Capital Spacing" is cut in half. But it can be (de)activated. That is when I drag the panel exactly to the top of the screen. image.png.c4f7fb4725339fe88a14d072ed6c6f4c.png
When I use the Windows "Scale to Screen" magic it becomes the exact height of the screen (2160 px) and all seems fine.

Until I drag it to the smaller monitor (1600 px height), the Typography window remains 2160 and a bit in height. When I use the OS zoom to screen functionality, it becomes exactly 1600 px in height, but as soon as I move it a bit, it becomes too tall again.  I prefer to have it end above the above-floating task bar, but I can not modify the vertical size by hand yet.

• Staff

The issue "Typography panel can't be vertically resized on Windows" (REF: AF-2417) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2415".
This fix should is already available (sic) as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.

11 hours ago, Affinity Info Bot said:

The issue "Typography panel can't be vertically resized on Windows" (REF: AF-2417) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.5.0.2415".

This is not solved in 2.5.0.2430, how can it be solved in 2.5.0.2415? See my post above.