You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2.3.0.2139 Drag and Drop images does not work on Mac

2 hours ago, anto said:

Drag and Drop images off page opens them in new windows on Mac Ventura.

I may be wrong but I believe this is expected behaviour in the v2 apps...

In V1, it used to be the case that you couldn't drag an image into the UI unless you already had a document to drag it onto, with V2 you can now drag image files directly into the UI which will create a new document at the size and resolution of the image without the need to create a new document first.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

2 minutes ago, Hangman said:

In V1, it used to be the case that you couldn't drag an image into the UI unless you already had a document to drag it onto, with V2 you can now drag image files directly into the UI which will create a new document at the size and resolution of the image without the need to create a new document first.

This can be justified for Photos. Why do I need it in Publisher when I have an open document?

1 minute ago, anto said:

This can be justified for Photos. Why do I need it in Publisher when I have an open document?

I have no idea hence the caveat that I may be wrong... :)

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

14 minutes ago, anto said:

Because you can also use Publisher to Open .afdesign or .afphoto files, it even to open JPG and other image formats, perhaps? 

Plus, it keeps the behavior consistent across all three apps and Personas, to avoid confusion.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Because you can also use Publisher to Open .afdesign or .afphoto files, it even to open JPG and other image formats, perhaps? 

I can do it, but the main task of Publisher is not to open .afdesign or .afphoto files.
Especially since the behavior of Windows and Mac is different

• Staff

Hi @anto

At first I thought this was a separate issue, but as you have mentioned elsewhere, this is duplicate post.  
Please continue the discussions on this issue in your original thread, now you have located it again. 
I will be locking this thread to avoid further confusion.