You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pixel brush + Cntrl behaving differently

Hello, I have a problem with the pixel brush.

I love the pixel brush, and I use the Cntrl key a lot with this brush because it deletes pixels way more efficiently than the Eraser Tool.

It erases the color completely at once, I don't need to do more than one single pass to delete a pixel for good, but suddenly, the Cntrl + pixel brush is behaving exactly like the eraser!

I need to pass my brush many times just to make sure I deleted a single pixel.
What did I do to change the original behavior???

Thanks

@CallumNope
I selected "Round Brush" under "Basic" under "Brushes" Menu and when I paint, it paints as expected, but when I use the Cntrl feature it still needs several passes to make sure the brush deletes the pixels to a 100%.
By the way, I recall that at the beginning I had this same issue but suddenly, as if it was magic, the Cntrl feature began behaving very cool and I could delete pixels in one go, but this day I moved or made something and it messed up the Cntrl behavior. I'm uncertain of what was it thatI did.

Thanks

Have you tried just setting Alternate: to Erase?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

You have wet edges set to "On"

This occurs when you use a brush that sets wet edges on

This setting remains even after restarting the app until you use a brush that specifies "set wet edges off"

The basic brushes do not do that

To fix, select a basic brush click the more button and change the setting to specifically "Set Wet Edges Off"

Note: This problem is hard to see immediately as there is no Wet Edges indication in the Context Toolbar for the Pixel Tool as there is for the Pixel Brush  

Possibly, also a bug as when painting with the Pixel Tool you can't see wet edges (if set to on) so why does erasing use wet edges (if set to on)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I would also suggest not using a "Round Soft Brush" when wanting to paint/erase individual pixels.

1970841763_ScreenShot2023-05-26at9_12_24AM.png.ec47fbc0cfc76d3d65240fce388039d4.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

9 hours ago, carl123 said:

You have wet edges set to "On"

I think I’m right in saying that although the box around the brush in the Bushes Tab, changes from blue to red when you modify the brush, setting Wet Edges doesn’t trigger this, which seems a little odd!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad