You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

57 minutes ago, ATP said:

I think this is another great example of different workflows benefiting from an option to enable/disable the old behavior. I myself think the old behavior is better, but a checkbox would make everyone happy.

@Return proved it's already available, in another form, and it works like a charm. It made my day!

12 hours ago, Batbel258 said:

@Return proved it's already available, in another form, and it works like a charm. It made my day!

It's slower, and there's other reasons for making a checkbox to enable the old behavior. Having to hit Ctrl-0 all the time becomes a chore.

• 2 months later...

>>You can now drag anywhere on the bounding box edges to resize the crop, rather than having to drag from a handle.

This feature has ruined me for other apps. I crop regularly in macOS Preview and now I keep trying to crop from the edges instead of the handles. 🙂 

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 12:08 AM, Antricion said:

if I try to rotate after cropping. As the cropped away part still exists, I sometimes want to re-adjust the rotation after cropping, e.g. when I didn't see it before, or didn't get it exactly. Now rotating re-crops the image, even though it is not needed, since enough of the previous image exists to perform the rotation without additional cropping.

Bug still there as of beta 2.3.0.2096
This is highly annoying if not downright wrong.

On 5/24/2023 at 12:08 AM, Antricion said:

Could that autocrop on rotation be made optional?

Yes please!
As I have now fully switched from v1 to v2, this new behavior/bug totally breaks my workflow.

On 5/30/2023 at 10:28 AM, Chris B said:

I have logged this issue with the developers.

Any news?
Do I need to post a new bug report on this?

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• Staff
22 minutes ago, loukash said:

Do I need to post a new bug report on this?

Nope. Please always bump a thread if an issue has not been resolved in a newer version of the app.

I've already updated this report for you to reflect the current affected version.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 7:25 PM, Ash said:

We're hoping to get in an auto crop to opaque before 2.1 release (as suggested earlier in thread) -particularly for when you rotate / straighten to quick crop to max opaque area / remove all transparent areas. Will that effectively achieve what you want or is it something else?

Now that the feature is there, I wish I could turn it off somewhere. Please. It's a major p.i.t.a. the way it's currently implemented, especially if I try to rotate an already cropped image with absolutely no transparency miles away.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2