You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change text box background color

Which application do you mean by AFP2?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I feel pretty dumb, but I can't find the text frame options box you posted. How do I bring that up?

This is the closest I find and when I change the background color and create a new text frame the background is the same as always. Sorry to be so dense. I appreciate your help very much.

John

text frame.png

3 minutes ago, acajohn29 said:

I can't find the text frame options box you posted. How do I bring that up?

In the menu: Window > Text > Text Frame. The panel will open in the Right Studio where all your other panels are most likely located.

It takes time to get acquainted with everything… we’ve all been where you are. Ain’t no such thing as a dumb question… ask ‘em when you get stuck. 🙂

Windows 10 22H2, 32GB RAM | Affinity Designer, Photo, Publisher 2 (MSI/EXE)

7 hours ago, Brian_J said:

The panel will open in the Right Studio

Its default location is the Left Studio, in my experience. 

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

24 minutes ago, acajohn29 said:

And fyi it just popped up in the middle of my screen, possibly because I wasn't actually working with a text frame at the moment.(?)

Possibly it's default is "detached" and neither of us remembered that :)

-- Walt
PC:

• 6 months later...

BLARG- Never mind. Somehow I accidentally opened my doc in DESIGNER instead of PUBLISHER. Check which app you're running peeps!

OK, I'm feeling crazy. Following this thread and I don't have access to a "Text Frame" option Under Window/Text. I really need to change the color of my text frame!

This is APub2 opening an orignally APub1 doc. But I've tried a fresh doc and still can't find the menu!

Text Menu.png

Edited by pbrowntv

47 minutes ago, pbrowntv said:

BLARG- Never mind. Somehow I accidentally opened my doc in DESIGNER instead of PUBLISHER. Check which app you're running peeps!

OK, I'm feeling crazy. Following this thread and I don't have access to a "Text Frame" option Under Window/Text. I really need to change the color of my text frame!

This is APub2 opening an orignally APub1 doc. But I've tried a fresh doc and still can't find the menu!

Which version do you use? 2.0.3 I guess.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 6 months later...

This is just one of several things I've come across in Affiniti Publisher that is SO much harder to do than it was in Serif PagePlus. I wish I had never bought Affinit Publisher as I never use it! PagePlus is FAR, FAR easier to use. Why have they got rid of so many of the useful options on the right-click?