You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ability to increase interface font size in all apps

hi i was hoping with the new v2 of the software that the capability to increase the tiny interface font size would be sorted - im running on a 4k monitor and its a struggle to read them - i have tried the windows 11 system font size increase but not all the fonts will increase in affinity applications - can you please add this to the development plan as i see others have been asking for it since 2018 i prefere to be able to do this within the settings of the app and not a system klunky work around.

see above the font size that is larger is connected to the system font size override but there are aspects of the app that just stays the same really tiny size - if you added a slider to the interface section for font size that would be awesome.

PS i lurve your apps - keep up the development cycle and stave off that mud brick mob from gobbling you up and absorbing your intellectual property - dont want to see another Macromedia thing.

Keep up the innovation. you have a legion of fans backing you up. 

14 hours ago, Smooo67 said:

i prefere to be able to do this within the settings of the app and not a system klunky work around

Personally, I agree with Serif that this should be addressed at the system level (since all apps have a problem displaying on a large, high-resolution monitor), and not addressed locally specifically for each app. The system settings also deal with the temporary connection of larger monitors (e.g. to a laptop), which would otherwise have to be corrected gradually in individual applications, which is simply stupid.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

On 1/4/2023 at 10:37 PM, Smooo67 said:

hi i was hoping with the new v2 of the software that the capability to increase the tiny interface font size would be sorted - im running on a 4k monitor and its a struggle to read them - i have tried the windows 11 system font size increase but not all the fonts will increase in affinity applications - can you please add this to the development plan as i see others have been asking for it since 2018 i prefere to be able to do this within the settings of the app and not a system klunky work around.

I agree the software should do this. Try BLENDER. a simple slider adjusts the interface fonts to your liking. Even different in each panel if needed.  Much easier to read without turning your OS in  a COMIC book.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

In this case, the software should do it because the font is to small on many places. On my 27 inch 1440p Monitor it is ok, on my 32 inch 4k it is tiny (and other Software not). 

On MacOS it is standard to be able to adjust the font size and it works already in Affinity products there. It should be not a big problem. It seems only the same stupid decision as not to use Windows UI Windows with round corners and ;) 

I also work daily with blender and it is a huge improvement to be able to adjust the UI Font! Maybe some people only work some minutes a day in the software but i work the entire day in Blender and Affinity and it helps a lot to be able to read text without problems (especially after 12 hours of work, in the evening ;) ). 

So serif, it is not a big thing. Just look into the source of the MacOS Affinity projects... Thanks!

The font size in some features is nearly unreadable! it's not a matter of my windows-system. it's a matter of affinity. Most features of affinity ARE readable. But some are too small. the change of the font size is caused by affinity. Please change it! Thank you.

The fact, that users specifically complain about the GUI-size of the Affinity-Applications and not about the GUIs of all applications on their setup in general makes clear: Solely and only the Affinity-GUIs are too small.

Therefore: telling the user to re-scale the whole Operating System - Interface just to make one Application less hard to use is inappropriate.

Perhaps Serif is overwhelmed by their success and now suffers from the same lack of IT-staff as all of Europe does.
(probably even worsened by the Brexit..)