You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Has anybody experienced a non-existent, but visible frme, tied to a paricular page number in document, no matter how you manipulate with creating,changing, deleting, removing content etc? Here's a screenshot, with all my layers unchecked.

And a side question: what are those red embelishments for? They appear on some of my frames, but not all…

Tomek

QS 2022-06-14 o 23.14.png

I too have had something similar. If I remember, I made a backup and deleted everything following, messed around with adding and deleting single/multiple pages, and pasted back in. That worked for me. It sounds like that didn't work for you.

47 minutes ago, tomek_Q said:

Here's a screenshot

Example document? 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

49 minutes ago, tomek_Q said:

Here's a screenshot, with all my layers unchecked.

Please include the complete application window, and the Layers panel.

50 minutes ago, tomek_Q said:

And a side question: what are those red embelishments for? They appear on some of my frames, but not all…

They indicate that:

1. You have View > Show Text Flow enabled, and 

2. The frame is not selected, and 

3. The frame contains overflowing text 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

1. You have View > Show Text Flow enabled, and 

2. The frame is not selected, and 

3. The frame contains overflowing text 

Thanks Walt!

I will try to cope with my main problem now;-)

2 hours ago, tomek_Q said:

Now, when I deseleced View>Show Text Flow, the stubborn frame finally disappeared;-)

Thanks again Walt!

You're welcome. But just because it disappeared, doesn't mean it's gone. It's still there, and should be visible in your Layers panel. And it contains text. 

So I'm afraid you probably haven't really solved anything.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Are you able to provide a copy of the document where this frame appears @tomek_Q? This would allow us to further investigate and understand the issue occurring here :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

So I'm afraid you probably haven't really solved anything.

Well, I have;-) After learnig from you what the red dots mean I switched "Show Text Flow" on again, and Inspected all the frames in my document that had them. I found that most typical situation was, when all my frame content was properly inside the frame, but the frame was too tight to accomodate some invisible characters. After enlarging the height of the frame a fraction, the alarm dotds were gone forever. I cleaned all near pages near the fatal frame, and when I revisited it's page. There no sign of it, despite "Show Text Flow" was on!

4 hours ago, Dan C said:

Are you able to provide a copy of the document where this frame appears @tomek_Q? This would allow us to further investigate and understand the issue occurring here :)

Thanks a lot, Dan for your interest. It was @walt.farrell who explained to me the meaning of the red embelishments, and I was able to solve the problem myself. But I am still unhappy with anchors. My first try at generating TOC produced tons of them in most stupid places, and only way to clean the job is to remove them one byone ftrom the text frames. Any  attempt to do it from the Anchors panels fails…

How is this for my stab in the dark:

A text frame from an applied Master/Parent page that has since been deleted from the document.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
2 minutes ago, tomek_Q said:

But I am still unhappy with anchors. My first try at generating TOC produced tons of them in most stupid places, and only way to clean the job is to remove them one byone ftrom the text frames

Have you tried my suggestion in the below thread? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I did not put anything of this size and posisition on my masters. As I wrote to @walt.farrell my guess is that a formerly linked text was now fully accomodated in one frame, but there was som invisible lefttover in the ghost frame. After enlarging a fraction one of the frames which had also red dots the ghost frame disappeared I hope for ever…

Just now, tomek_Q said:

the ghost frame disappeared I hope for ever…

It is still there. Many people would bet serious money that the ghost frame is still there.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

I've previously seen redraw issues in Publisher, whereby it's possible to see the bounding boxes for objects on an incorrect page (for example, the bounding box of a text frame on page one, appearing on page 2) - so it may be possible this was the issue affecting tomek_Q but we would all be assuming without replicating the issue locally.

I certainly hope this issue doesn't return, but you know where to find us if it does :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

13 hours ago, tomek_Q said:

My file also wans to find you, its to big for email

What to try to make a copy of, delete unnecessary pages from it, and then send / provide a "small" remainder?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

14 hours ago, tomek_Q said:

Still searching;-)

Though the ghost frames don't look identically you did not exclude yet a page selection redraw issue as mentioned by @Dan C.

I can produce ghost frames "reliable" if I select objects on a different page than the recently used page without literally activating the new page before. Recipe:
1. Select a page either in the pages panel (gray border) or select an object on a page to make it the active ("current") page.
2. Then click-drag a selection area on another page without selecting the page before (= no mouse button down + up).
This clip shows ghost frames on the lower page and its empty Layers Panel:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff
15 hours ago, tomek_Q said:

My file also wans to find you, its to big for email;-)

You can upload this to the below link, please reply here to let me know once this has been done :)

https://www.dropbox.com/request/4zxokxO8LvFwGBHILJY2

38 minutes ago, thomaso said:

I can produce ghost frames "reliable" if I select objects on a different page than the recently used page without literally activating the new page before. Recipe:

Many thanks for this thomaso, the issue is already logged with our developers, however this is a much easier recipe than we have so I will update the log now!

Please note -

Many thanks!