You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I buy Affinity Designer for iPad

Hi all,

Yesterday I received an iPad of the 9th generation, model A2602. Now I like to buy and install Affinity Designer on it.

My problem is I do not know how to buy and install AD on it. I searched the app store but cannot find anything. All the information I find on the Internet does not tell me where and how I can find it.

Can someone please tell me how I can buy AD for iPad, how I get it on the iPad and how to install it?

Thank you so much in advance.

Chris

• Staff

You will need to go through the Apple app store on the iPad and search for 'Affinity Designer'. 
Alternatively you can follow the link below https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/affinity-designer/id1274090551

If you still cannot find it then please can you advise which country you are in, as the app may not be available in that country. 

Hi EmT,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I already visited your link and everything looks fine from that link. However, I cannot buy from that page because whatever I click, nothing let my buy Designer for iPad. That is exactly my problem. I am in Belgium with my ExpressVPN disabled. I include a screencapture of the page I visited through your link.

I do appreciate your efforts  to help me.

Chris

DesignerForIpad.png

Hello EmT,

Thank you again for your help. I was searching in the Apple store from my Windows laptop. So I used the iPad to search in the Apple store.

Now I had a purchase button which I pressed, then paid with my PayPal account. Since then there is a spinning progress wheel for more than one hour now. Also, I do not find the Paypal transaction confirmation in my email. So I think it will fail. I logged in to my PayPal account  and agreed the payment.

I thought that iPad was easy to use, but without any manual it is hard to make it do what I want. I only want to use it to draw with Designer, nothing else.

Any idea why that progress wheel keeps spinning, just on the right side of the Designer logo?

I am sorry to bother you again.

Chris

3 hours ago, Bad_Wolf said:

Now I had a purchase button which I pressed, then paid with my PayPal account. Since then there is a spinning progress wheel for more than one hour now.

If there’s nothing but a spinning grey wheel then something has got stuck, but I suggest that you close the App Store app and reopen it, and then tap on your avatar in the top right-hand corner of the screen to display the Account dialog. Tap on ‘Purchased’ to show all of your purchased apps: if Affinity Designer is listed there, then you know the payment has gone through, in which case you can tap on the ‘Download’ icon (a cloud with an arrow) to download and install it. If Affinity Designer isn’t listed as a purchased app, then the payment has failed to go through and you’ll see a ’Purchase’ button (showing the price) instead of a ‘Download’ button.

You say that you haven’t received a PayPal transaction confirmation email. Have you logged in to your PayPal account again to check there? Can you use another form of payment?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Alfred,

Thank you so much for your reply. I apologize for my late reply.

There are no purchased items in my account and also Paypal does not show any transactions. I will try to choose another payment to buy Affinity Designer. However, I have little hope if that will make any difference because when I try to get free apps, the same progress spinning wheel takes forever. Also, the iPad is in the close neighbourhood of the modem.

Thank you for your help which I do appreciate.

Chris

If you haven’t even managed to ‘purchase’ any free apps then it clearly isn’t a payment processing problem. As for proximity to the modem, if you didn’t have a good Wi-Fi signal you would see that from the bars (or lack of bars!) on the icon next to the battery strength indicator in the top right-hand corner of the screen.

I’m sorry I don’t have any suggestions as to how to move forward with this.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I don't have any ideas, either, other than the usual things I would try:

1. Restart the iPad.
  2. Sign out of the iPad App Store and sign in again.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 3/20/2022 at 7:18 PM, Bad_Wolf said:

Hi Alfred,

Thank you so much for your reply. I apologize for my late reply.

There are no purchased items in my account and also Paypal does not show any transactions. I will try to choose another payment to buy Affinity Designer. However, I have little hope if that will make any difference because when I try to get free apps, the same progress spinning wheel takes forever. Also, the iPad is in the close neighbourhood of the modem.

Thank you for your help which I do appreciate.

Chris

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202631

I note that the ability to pay using Paypal is region dependent and the small note (2) at the bottom of this page suggests you need to contact Paypal to authorise this method. I would therefore make sure you have location services turned on so that Paypal and Apple know which country you are in. I also think you would be have more success adding you credit card to your Apple account. You need to have a working payment method even for free apps.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help