Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.4.1082

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes / Improvements
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Available

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.4.1082 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update from the 1.9.3 version recently released to all customers (although it still installs parallel to the released version, as described above). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

This beta has a performance focus. We have addressed a number of issues particularly with the handling of placed images and documents. If you notice performance improvements (or regressions!) over 1.9.3, or if you notice bugs which appear to have been introduced in 1.9.4, please let us know.

Fixes and Updates

• Resource Manager Improvements
    • New 'Relink' option for missing resources
    • New 'File Type' column in Resource Manager
    • Improved efficiency when updating Resources for some documents
    • Show progress for long operations
  • Improved memory management for placed PDFs set to Passthrough
  • Improved output of placed PDFs set to Passthrough to targets not supporting Passthrough
  • Artboard Labels could disappear
  • Fixed some issues with Picture Frame content scaling

---

To be notified about all future Mac beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

Working great --- Well done 👍

Shame there's no fix for the clipboard bug, I could really use it right now ---- fingers crossed for 1.9.5

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

This version seems to be great! It solved a big issue that I had with different kinds of .afpub documents.
These problems were related to enormous memory consumption and CPU usage. And also to stability.
I've made some try, and now I can manage those documents without problems.
Thank you, this is fantastic.

I'm working on macOS Catalina (10.15.7) - 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7 quad-core - 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.