You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Ellers,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

As Leigh said unfortunately this is not possible.

We do know that there's legitimate cases where the user simply couldn't take advantage of the trial for one reason or another, but if we didn't lock it, it could lead to abusive use trough some hacking. We don't have much choice here. From time to time we do reset the trial (major versions usually) so you may want to give it a second try later.

For now there isn't much we can do about it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Another option is to pay for the full version, and then if you don't like it use the Mac App Store's refund policy. Chances are, if you liked it during your brief trial, you'll want to keep it anyway.

We also have a trial version of Affinity Photo. Although a different app, it has a lot in common with Designer and testing it may help you decide.

@MEB - thanks. I understand. It's unfortunate that the current approach is punitive in genuine cases, eg where I simply did not get a chance to try it. I mean, if I get a second go, then it's pretty fair that I'll never be entitled to another go, right?

@Dave - thanks also, but I didn't get to try it at all beyond the first few minutes, so I have no idea if I like it. 

@Signguy - useless. 

Overall, look, I really like you're offering an alternative to the Adobe products. REALLY happy about that. And I love small software companies and love buying great software and fair prices.

Just ... try to think of a better way around the trial system. It really annoys customers like me who need more flexibility. I'm not going to the trouble to reset my computer to an old image or borrow someone elses, and this inflexibility on the trial burns my interest in the app. There must be a better way.

All the best

Ellers

ellers,

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. Affinity's approach isn't punitive and yours isn't a genuine case. You chose when to start the trial, the company didn't. You knew well in advance the time limit, it wasn't a surprise. You are responsible for the choices you made. Do you think that Adobe, Apple, Microsoft, or any other software company for that matter would give you a retrial simply because as you said "deadlines and other work came up and I did not get to try it properly". No they wouldn't. They would tell you that you are an adult and you are responsible for the things you do. Your argument is similar to someone renting a DVD and then telling the rental shop that you want to keep it longer for free because you didn't get a chance to watch it because you were busy. I do hope that you decide to follow Leigh's advice and give it Designer a try, it is a great product. 

Hokusai