You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Workbook not received

Hi, All, 

One thing is clear from reading all your posts, that orders are not being fulfilled in order of receipt (my order dates back to 30th November).

However, these are exceptional times, what with Covid/Christmas and New Year holidays/Affinity evidently swamped with orders.

Having just emailed Serif, I got the following automated response, so I think further patience is a good plan. (With the other two workbooks, as part of the same order, I received a separate dispatch email, and those arrived very quickly.)

Auto Reply:

Thanks for getting in touch.

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOUR EMAIL ENQUIRY RELATES TO A WORKBOOK ORDER NOT HAVING BEEN FULFILLED, PLEASE ALLOW A FURTHER TWO WEEKS FOR THIS TO BE DELIVERED TO YOU. OUR SINCEREST APOLOGIES FOR THIS DELAY.

We aim to respond to all queries within 24 hours. However, during busy periods, we may take a little longer to respond, so please bear with us.

Best Regards

Customer Services

Hi all.

I placed an order for Affinity Publisher Workbook (English) on December 3rd. My payment was cashed out shortly afterwards, and I too have not been delivered although the order is marked as complete in the brief, and I too see that I will receive an email when my order is dispatched.

It's January 12th. So it will be 6 weeks on January 14th. Isn't that a bit excessive for an available product?

For my part, I placed two orders on Amazon around December 5th with slow deliveries scheduled for January 5th and 8th were both delivered on December 23rd.  So where is the problem at Affinity?

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

26 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

Hi all.

I placed an order for Affinity Publisher Workbook (English) on December 3rd. My payment was cashed out shortly afterwards, and I too have not been delivered although the order is marked as complete in the brief, and I too see that I will receive an email when my order is dispatched.

It's January 12th. So it will be 6 weeks on January 14th. Isn't that a bit excessive for an available product?

For my part, I placed two orders on Amazon around December 5th with slow deliveries scheduled for January 5th and 8th were both delivered on December 23rd.  So where is the problem at Affinity?

Hi Pyanepsion, In the absence of further info or responses from Serif, I can only guess that it is due to one or more of the following reasons: they are massively short-staffed to deal with dispatches, they underestimated the interest in this book, problems at the printer caused there to be fewer books printed than planned, they are now requiring/awaiting another print run, etc.

The fact that some clients have received multiple copies or copies in the wrong language is concerning.

I agree, for your order of a single book to be marked as "complete" is also concerning. I ordered all three workbooks and all three are marked as "complete" (I have received two of them and no email to suggest that the Publisher one has been dispatched).

It might soon be appropriate for all clients who paid at the time of ordering to be notified by email about the situation and the reasons for delay.

Honestly, I don’t really care if the delivery is delayed. But the lack of response by Affinity is concerning. 
Not here, nor by email. 

Dear Affinity: just let us know what’s going on. And send the book!

Glad I didn’t order the t-shirt because right now I’d be ashamed to wear it ;) 

1 hour ago, brunohornung said:

It's been 43 days since I ordered three books. One got delivered, the other two not.
It's been 10 days since I wrote an email with the question about what is going on and if the shipment is still on its way - still no answer.

Kinda feels like ordering something off Kickstarter. 🤔

I'm in the exact same position as you. It's the lack of tracking information that is the big issue - we are all sitting waiting for something that may or may not have been dispatched. We should at least be told whether or not it is in stock, and if it is, when it will be dispatched. I get the feeling that Affinity are really geared towards digital downloads and aren't as efficient in dealing with items that must be shipped to our doors!

2 hours ago, brdevine said:

I'm in the exact same position as you. It's the lack of tracking information that is the big issue - we are all sitting waiting for something that may or may not have been dispatched. We should at least be told whether or not it is in stock, and if it is, when it will be dispatched. I get the feeling that Affinity are really geared towards digital downloads and aren't as efficient in dealing with items that must be shipped to our doors!

This is exactly what I was thinking yesterday. We love Affinity for their great software. But when it comes to the old-fashioned stuff of non-virtual products alongside the essential administration of courteous and informative correspondence, they need some training. Perhaps we, their Clients, should compile a Workbook on this for them!

On 1/12/2021 at 3:46 PM, JJES said:

Honestly, I don’t really care if the delivery is delayed. But the lack of response by Affinity is concerning. 
Not here, nor by email. 

Dear Affinity: just let us know what’s going on. And send the book!

Glad I didn’t order the t-shirt because right now I’d be ashamed to wear it ;) 

The T-shirt is also delayed ;-)

13 hours ago, brunohornung said:

It's been 43 days since I ordered three books. One got delivered, the other two not.
It's been 10 days since I wrote an email with the question about what is going on and if the shipment is still on its way - still no answer.

Kinda feels like ordering something off Kickstarter. 🤔

This is almost exactly my situation too! Except it's 47 days (first purchase on November 27th).

On the positive side, the Publisher Workbook arrived at the start of January, and it's very very nice!

We are almost certainly dealing partly with post-Brexit trauma, but a bit more feedback would be nice.

On 1/12/2021 at 3:45 PM, Pyanepsion said:

I placed an order for Affinity Publisher Workbook (English) on December 3rd.

I have just received the book. It is as well conceived as the other Designer and Photo workbooks. However, I was not notified of the delivery by email.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

On 12/30/2020 at 11:33 AM, Gilescooperuk said:

I got my book on Monday - unfortunately I have a German not English copy - so need to wait for Serif to be back next week to sort it out - (someone at the shippers stuck an English sticker on over the German one on the back of a German book!)

I got my book yesterday and the unopened German copy will be on its way back to them as soon as I get to a post office (too big for the letter boxes near me).

Today I received an email from Affinity, with apologies and the promise that the book was on its way. Apparently the demand was higher than expected and also Brexit happened. Ok. 
Later today DHL tried to deliver a package at my house (I wasn’t home) and now I have to pick it up at the other side of town. 
99% sure it’s the Publisher Book. 
Happy end at last :)

On 12/23/2020 at 4:44 PM, pixxelgoat said:

Also not received workbook yet (Netherlands). Nor any email explaining the workbook is on it’s way. 

Ordered and paid for on November 30th.

Waiting. 

Received an email about delays ‘n brexit. All sorted out now. Got my copy last Friday. 

I have just this minute taken delivery (delivered in the UK by Amazon Logistics) of my Publisher and Designer Workbooks after emailing Adam at Affinity yesterday.  He had put the order through again yesterday - is this my original order finally turning up or the new order placed yesterday?  Amazon are well capable of delivering the following day from an order being placed but as I've no tracking information, I'm completely in the dark!

I am in a similar situation - ordered two books & T-Shirt on Dec 1, received email confirming, received email promising delivery before Christmas, not here yet! Emails from Adam resubmitting order, but no detail information, my emails back go unanswered, etc.

Thom

It's now 7 weeks since ordering the Photo Workbook and there's still no sign of it. I have received an apology about two and a half weeks back blaming shipping restrictions and the fallout from Brexit (they said they hoped to be able to ship from Germany to avoid customers paying import taxes), promising for the book to be shipped within the next two weeks but there's still no update or confirmation of shipment. Sigh.

I think Affinity has been poorly prepared both for the Black Friday deals and for the impact of Brexit. What they could have done, though, is communicate better as leaving people in the dark is bad.

Edited by Dario_S

I wonder how much Covid-19 has effected Affinity in addition to Black Friday's Sale & Brexit.

But:

11 hours ago, Dario_S said:

What they could have done, though, is communicate better as leaving people in the dark is bad.

I couldn't agree more - really bad for customer relations!

Communication has been poor at best and being relatively new to Affinity, I was expecting much better!
Anyone with experience prior to 2020 like to comment?

Still looking for a positive future,

Thom

On 1/11/2021 at 1:59 AM, JJES said:

Location?
And did you receive a notification before?

Sorry, missed this question.  I'm in Colorado, USA.   I ordered it 12/12/20.  I believe I got a tracking notice?  Can't remember for sure, and didn't save it.  Can't remember the shipper.  Remember noting that it claimed to have shipped out of New York City.

On 1/23/2021 at 8:41 PM, Roar said:

I wonder how much Covid-19 has effected Affinity in addition to Black Friday's Sale & Brexit.

But:

I couldn't agree more - really bad for customer relations!

Communication has been poor at best and being relatively new to Affinity, I was expecting much better!
Anyone with experience prior to 2020 like to comment?

Still looking for a positive future,

Thom

Did you receive another email confirming the resubmitted order?  When mine was resubmitted on the 5th Jan, I didn't get another email, and the order didn't turn up. However, when Adam resubmitted it on the 18th, I received an email message within about 10 mins of our email conversation showing the new order in which the Order Summary stated " This is a free complimentary order. ". It was the following day that I received the order from Amazon Logistics.