You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cycling Legends, Lego (AD)

VectorVonDoom

• 2 weeks later...

I used a different version of the jersey, one that I think of when it comes to Cannondale Volvo.  Plus it's more colourful. 

If you know your retro MTB'ing then you know she was famous for the dried piranha she used as a necklace for a while (then it broke in half but she continued to wear it, then it turned in must have turned to dust).

Missy Giove small.jpg

13895489_739654926183701_2808980642919587880_n.jpg

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

Someone said they'd like to see a lego bike too. The lego bikes are very basic and a weird shape to allow the mini figure to fit on them so I just gave a hint of it. They are also normally a single colour and no decals so I cheated a bit or it would have been a bit boring. If I still like it when I look again in a few days I'll get it printed off.

juli bike.jpg

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

Brilliant! Chapeau!

Do you do requests? I hope so

There is a market for this. Do you know about musicalbrick.com, who has  done some amazing Peter Gabriel/Genesis era lego models? These are on sale.

Other bands are available.

https://www.musicalbrick.com/galleries/

Imagine turning your art into 3d...and seeing the human and the mini figure together.

apocalypse.jpg

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

On 11/8/2020 at 7:14 PM, VectorVonDoom said:

:D

For others it's going to be mainly changing the hair, face and jersey.  Some might need the skin tones adjusted too.

Bernard Hinault Big.jpg

If that's the Badger, then where are his blood and scars from his famous battles of attrition? Red, black and blue would really do him justice!

Edited by peter
Typo

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

11 minutes ago, peter said:

Brilliant! Chapeau!

Do you do requests? I hope so

There is a market for this. Do you know about musicalbrick.com, who has  done some amazing Peter Gabriel/Genesis era lego models? These are on sale.

Other bands are available.

https://www.musicalbrick.com/galleries/

Imagine turning your art into 3d...and seeing the human and the mini figure together.

apocalypse.jpg

They look rubbish but some in their gallery look ok.

Perhaps should have Hinault throwing a punch lol

I'm slowly going through lists of requests as I get time from retrobike.co.uk if you know of it, there's a thread on the mtb and road forums. But you can request.

I tidied up the Juli poster and uploaded it for printing today, have printed stuff off myself but never done it online before, hopefully it will look good.

Someone suggested custom mini figures but sometimes it's hard enough working out what the front of the jerseys look like logo wise especially on the early mtb side of things never mind finding pics of the rears and it's not really something that interests me at the moment, bit boring as far as drawing goes plus plenty of these I can do.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

• 3 months later...

Thanks. I just drew lots of blades of grass, they're nothing fancy but each with a gradient, in a group then duplicated it and added extra as needed especially at the top. Obviously you can also duplicate individual blades whilst creating the group too then change its angle or size as needed. A bit slow going but wasn't too bad. Then I put in some flowers etc, you don't need to draw each one just squash them in and resize to give them a different look. It looked realistic enough to work ok for the subject.

I did get that one printed off and it looks pretty good.

You might find this of use, just the grass, background and border that you can pull apart or use as-is.

grass.afdesign

Marc

ArtByMarc.me