First off, let me say that I love, LOVE Affinity Photo. Serif has made an incredible application that made moving away from PHotoshop CC so very easy.

I typically use AP for working with textures in a 3D modelling and texturing workflow. A number of other applications that I use rely heavily on the Targa (.tga) file format. With Affinity Photo, I must currently export the texture I'm working on in a file format that supports an alpha channel, import it into another application, then export it again as .TGA. Is there any way we could see a .TGA export feature soon? I know AP allows me to import targa, but I would love to be able to export it as well without having to use another app.

Please keep up that amazing work you've been doing! I can't praise you guys enough!

I can't help but wonder what the reason is for them not to include the Targa format. Perhaps because it is technically a proprietary format from TrueVision / Pinnacle?

I don't mind using .TIFF at all as it supports and acts very similarly to .TGA but with better compression fidelity. However, I'd just like to remove the conversion step from .TIFF to .TGA in an additional external app by having Affinity Photo export in the .TGA format.

Unrelated: The new 1.7 update is fantastic. Speed, efficiency, and optimization is glorious! 

Without the ability to paste into (and directly edit) the alpha channel I don't think that the majority of games creators would find it as useful an output format, as they require direct access to the 4th channel, am I wrong? (Hint I often am)

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.