I seem to remember that this has been possible but I can’t for the life of me remember how that was done or whether I’ve just dreamt that: is it possible to delete a node from a curve and keep the same curvature but with less points (as illustrated in the image)? If not that would be a great feature to be added.

curvature.png

If I duplicate the left curve and move it to the right, click the right node on the new object, press alt + delete, I get the right curve.

image.png.01bd438fa4c24c59fd93c94856500c4c.png

Windows 7 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Hi JimmyJack - your right, there's no bezier handle on the top node. But it seems to me that when you delete a node the software just uses the 2 adjacent nodes and bezier handles to determine the new shape. I don't have a problem with that because that might be what you want. But there doesn't appear to be any intelligence there to try & keep the shape. Whether I press delete or alt delete doesn't seem to make any difference. It's the same in Illustrator. Only Astute Graphics knows to do it.

Windows 7 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

@MickRose I think you are on Windows?

If so the keypress is different… Ctrl+Alt+Backspace

But also @JimmyJack's observation about the top node having no handle applies.

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)