You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sections within Publisher

You could draw three rectangles, each of a different color, arranged side-by-side, and moved underneath the other elements in the layer stack.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just now, walt.farrell said:

You could draw three rectangles, each of a different color, arranged side-by-side, and moved underneath the other elements in the layer stack.

Yes, I did think of that myself but wondered if there was an even way of doing it as drawing rectangles individually may not come out as even as say drawing a grid etc. 

4 minutes ago, Mark Clifford said:

Yes, I did think of that myself but wondered if there was an even way of doing it as drawing rectangles individually may not come out as even as say drawing a grid etc. 

Well, you can always draw them on the grid. Or set Guides at the 1/3 and 2/3 width points, and use the Guides (with Snapping enabled) to help you get the rectangles the right size. Or use the Transform panel to adjust sizes if needed. There are several ways to get the rectangles correctly sized.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

18 minutes ago, Mark Clifford said:

I have already tried text frame but you can only set one background colour for it.

I don't understand what you mean by text frame

Did you want each day in a different colour as shown below or just the 3 text frames with a different background colour?

weather2.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

You could also try a 3-column 1-row table and set the color of the individual cells.

Especially because you can now pin your pictures to the text and it works in tables as well.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

25 minutes ago, Seneca said:

Especially because you can now pin your pictures to the text and it works in tables as well.

Pinning works inside tables? I haven't tried that yet.

-- Walt
PC:

31 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Pinning works inside tables? I haven't tried that yet.

I tested pinning (float and inline) a little thoroughly. I pinned multiple little objects within an itself pinned (floating) table. Goal was to see, how nested pinning behaves.
All this works well.

And as @Petar Petrenko posted: inline tables are possible this way.

I had multiple floating objects on the page. No crashes so far. This feature really looks promising.
I haven't tried it in a long document, though.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

2 minutes ago, dominik said:

I tested pinning (float and inline) a little thoroughly. I pinned multiple little objects within an itself pinned (floating) table. Goal was to see, how nested pinning behaves.
All this works well.

And as @Petar Petrenko posted: inline tables are possible this way.

I had multiple floating objects on the page. No crashes so far. This feature really looks promising.
I haven't tried it in a long document, though.

d.

Thanks, dominik. I had seen Petar's post about pinned tables working, but hadn't really thought about pinning inside tables. Good to know that's working, too :)

-- Walt
PC: