You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ruler origin issues in v1.7.0.7

I'm very pleased to see the ability to set the ruler origin included in v1.7 for Mac. However, I'm having some issues.

It works OK if I leave my zoom at the same size as when I open the file, but if I open a file and then zoom in close to set the ruler origin more accurately, it doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @pauldev. :)

Just now, pauldev said:

Any reason why there aren't any responses to this?

Because it’s the weekend, perhaps? :/

Or maybe because it’s St Patrick’s Day! stpatricks.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 3/15/2019 at 2:52 PM, pauldev said:

if I open a file and then zoom in close to set the ruler origin more accurately, it doesn't work.

Long answer is that there are some tools I cannot use to change the rulers' origin, eyedropper, corner and a few others. the move tool yes, the various shape tools yes, pen tool yes.

Old files,, new files zoomed and sometimes even zoomed and rotated. All fine. Snaps to objects too.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Pauldev,

Glad you got it sorted. I'll check with development with regards to those tools not allowing you change the Ruler Origin.

Thanks!

Yes it would be great to be able to set the ruler’s origin with any tool. It’s the corner of the 2 rules, the origin, which enables the action, not any specific tool...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.