You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing background color in Text Frame

I've created a text frame from a circle.  At that point you can easily change the color of the circle.  Convert it to a text frame.  Type in some text.  Once you're in a text frame, the various options for color are then associated with the text itself.  How does one go back and change the background color of the circle?

In Publisher select the Fill Tool and change the 2nd dropdown box in the Context Toolbar from Text to Frame, then change the colour.

In Designer you can try a recolour adjustment if your text is pure white, (black and other colours can be problematic)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 9 months later...
6 hours ago, KevinG said:

Just do in Publisher and copy to Designer, a pain but does work, 

Or, just stay in Publisher to do work that needs that function, as StudioLink will let you easily switch to the Designer Persona. No pain at all :)
(Or, if you must switch back to Designer to get, e.g., the Pixel Persona or Export Persona, File > Edit in Designer will get you there without needing to copy data between the two applications. Though I suppose that some users might prefer copy/paste to File > Edit in Publisher, do the work, and File > Edit in Designer again.)

@willernest: Another option for you is to put another circle behind your circular text frame, and fill it with the color you want.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2019 at 5:22 AM, carl123 said:

In Publisher select the Fill Tool and change the 2nd dropdown box in the Context Toolbar from Text to Frame, then change the colour.

In Designer you can try a recolour adjustment if your text is pure white, (black and other colours can be problematic)

I registered just to thank you for this info. Kudos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 12:14 AM, KevinG said:

Just do in Publisher and copy to Designer, a pain but does work, 

Thanks for the advice. I did as you say, creating a yellow sticky comment note, and then created an asset out of it so I can now just drag & drop without having to leave Designer.

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2019 at 1:22 PM, carl123 said:

OMFG, this issue was literally driving me CRAZY!

Thank you so much sir ♥️