Sign in to follow this  
Supersparks

A few free macros - tested in AFP 1.6 & 1.7 Beta

I've been playing around with writing some macros and have decided to share six of them.

1-4.  Turn your pic. into a presentation A4 photo with a white canvas border having room to enter text beneath and a thin black border around the pic. to make it stand out.  Four options to cover Landscape or Portrait for both 3:2 aspect ratio and 4:3 aspect ratio as determined my your camera.

5.  Alpha Channel Sharpening - gives a final delicate sharpening to your photo.

6.  Colour Sketch - turn any colour photo into a 'sketch'.  Final output will need to have the black level adjusted (Adjustment layer, Levels, Black Level) to suit different photos.  Likely it would also work with black and white photos but I haven't tried that.

Tested with AF Photo 1.6 and the beta version of 1.7.

I hope they prove useful.

Dennis-Photo.afmacros

Thank you so much. I will try them later.

- Affinity Photo 1.6.7

- Affinity Designer 1.6.1

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.2

• These are nice, thank you. However I've gotten good results with the Colour Sketch, a number of photos I've tried go to a black and white sketch devoid of colour. Any suggested tweak to the macro to keep the colours intact?

I bought Affinity Photo last year and I did not know there were free macros. They are not easy to find in the folders or in the library. Is there a link to re download them on the Affinity Photo download site?

On 1/24/2019 at 6:00 AM, Supersparks said:

I've been playing around with writing some macros and have decided to share six of them.

1-4.  Turn your pic. into a presentation A4 photo with a white canvas border having room to enter text beneath and a thin black border around the pic. to make it stand out.  Four options to cover Landscape or Portrait for both 3:2 aspect ratio and 4:3 aspect ratio as determined my your camera.

5.  Alpha Channel Sharpening - gives a final delicate sharpening to your photo.

6.  Colour Sketch - turn any colour photo into a 'sketch'.  Final output will need to have the black level adjusted (Adjustment layer, Levels, Black Level) to suit different photos.  Likely it would also work with black and white photos but I haven't tried that.

Tested with AF Photo 1.6 and the beta version of 1.7.

I hope they prove useful.

Dennis-Photo.afmacros

I could not open them once I downloaded them.

Hi railroader124,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
To get the free Force Macro pack go to menu Help ▸ Welcome.... There's a link in one of the pages of the horizontal scroller to get them.
To install the .afmacros files (with an S at the end), go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Library, click the small menu icon on the top right of the Library panel and select Import Macros....

On 2/11/2019 at 7:21 PM, Timber said:
  • These are nice, thank you. However I've gotten good results with the Colour Sketch, a number of photos I've tried go to a black and white sketch devoid of colour. Any suggested tweak to the macro to keep the colours intact?

Hi Timber,  apologies for the late reply.   I have been unable to replicate the problem, so far, on my own photos and each time I use the macro the colours are retained.  Have you tried carrying out an HSL adjustment to see if that brings the colour back?   I will try a few more photos in the meantime but, to date, they have all retained the colour.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, MEB said:

Hi railroader124,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
To get the free Force Macro pack go to menu Help ▸ Welcome.... There's a link in one of the pages of the horizontal scroller to get them.
To install the .afmacros files (with an S at the end), go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Library, click the small menu icon on the top right of the Library panel and select Import Macros....

Hi railroader124 - apologies for my late reply.  I see that MEB has given good advice and, hopefully, you should now have the macros up and running?

Timber - The only way I can get the photos to turn to black and white is by double-clicking the macro with then runs twice.  Are you doing that by mistake?  I have attached before and after photos to show the results I get each time with just a click.

wsr001.jpg

wsr002.jpg