You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A few free macros - tested in AFP 1.6 & 1.7 Beta

Supersparks

I've been playing around with writing some macros and have decided to share six of them.

1-4.  Turn your pic. into a presentation A4 photo with a white canvas border having room to enter text beneath and a thin black border around the pic. to make it stand out.  Four options to cover Landscape or Portrait for both 3:2 aspect ratio and 4:3 aspect ratio as determined my your camera.

5.  Alpha Channel Sharpening - gives a final delicate sharpening to your photo.

6.  Colour Sketch - turn any colour photo into a 'sketch'.  Final output will need to have the black level adjusted (Adjustment layer, Levels, Black Level) to suit different photos.  Likely it would also work with black and white photos but I haven't tried that.

Tested with AF Photo 1.6 and the beta version of 1.7.

I hope they prove useful.

Dennis-Photo.afmacros

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 6:00 AM, Supersparks said:

I've been playing around with writing some macros and have decided to share six of them.

1-4.  Turn your pic. into a presentation A4 photo with a white canvas border having room to enter text beneath and a thin black border around the pic. to make it stand out.  Four options to cover Landscape or Portrait for both 3:2 aspect ratio and 4:3 aspect ratio as determined my your camera.

5.  Alpha Channel Sharpening - gives a final delicate sharpening to your photo.

6.  Colour Sketch - turn any colour photo into a 'sketch'.  Final output will need to have the black level adjusted (Adjustment layer, Levels, Black Level) to suit different photos.  Likely it would also work with black and white photos but I haven't tried that.

Tested with AF Photo 1.6 and the beta version of 1.7.

I hope they prove useful.

Dennis-Photo.afmacros

I could not open them once I downloaded them.

• Staff

Hi railroader124,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
To get the free Force Macro pack go to menu Help ▸ Welcome.... There's a link in one of the pages of the horizontal scroller to get them.
To install the .afmacros files (with an S at the end), go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Library, click the small menu icon on the top right of the Library panel and select Import Macros....

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 7:21 PM, Timber said:
  • These are nice, thank you. However I've gotten good results with the Colour Sketch, a number of photos I've tried go to a black and white sketch devoid of colour. Any suggested tweak to the macro to keep the colours intact?

Hi Timber,  apologies for the late reply.   I have been unable to replicate the problem, so far, on my own photos and each time I use the macro the colours are retained.  Have you tried carrying out an HSL adjustment to see if that brings the colour back?   I will try a few more photos in the meantime but, to date, they have all retained the colour.

On 2/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, MEB said:

Hi railroader124,
To get the free Force Macro pack go to menu Help ▸ Welcome.... There's a link in one of the pages of the horizontal scroller to get them.
To install the .afmacros files (with an S at the end), go to menu View ▸ Studio ▸ Library, click the small menu icon on the top right of the Library panel and select Import Macros....

Hi railroader124 - apologies for my late reply.  I see that MEB has given good advice and, hopefully, you should now have the macros up and running?

Timber - The only way I can get the photos to turn to black and white is by double-clicking the macro with then runs twice.  Are you doing that by mistake?  I have attached before and after photos to show the results I get each time with just a click.

wsr001.jpg

wsr002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, MEB said:

Hi railroader124,

I did this, got the DLs and followed these instructions but the files still aren't appearing in my macro panel? Once I click 'import macros' and chose the file from the DL, nothing happens?

On 2/14/2019 at 9:21 AM, railroader124 said:

I bought Affinity Photo last year and I did not know there were free macros. They are not easy to find in the folders or in the library. Is there a link to re download them on the Affinity Photo download site?

Use the search facility to look for free macro. You might also like to look for "free macro". The former looks for both words in the same  posting; the latter looks for the phrase free macro

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630